RMweb

Evening all, and aplogies to Scott and David for 'fooling' around.

I suppose the problem is that it was believable, I mean who would scrap all they had built, saw it up and start again - oh yes me!

In the mean time, I've had a delivery of BDAs with steel loads, and have added some strapping made from electrical tape to be pulled by the resident pair of '20s - with someone from the Village People hanging round for some reason.

post-10336-0-56507600-1364844105_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-75234900-1364844055_thumb.jpg

Phil

• Like 5

Great to see you back on Track again

David Wexford

Thanks - speaking of track, I had another delivery of track last week which should allow me to lay all the sidings in the fiddle yard now.

I also un-boxed the other BDAs this morning at about 6am before setting off for work.

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Happy Easter, you had me fooled. I was about to post about you going roundy roundy then noticed the other post.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter

I was actaully thinking of adding a roundy roundy bit too - which is how I got started on my high jinks. So in addition to the double helix, I was debating adding a higher level single track that would just hug the wall for most of the time, with a bridge diagonally over the yard.

post-10336-0-08306700-1364903558.png

Perhaps I should finish what I've started first - it's not like I'm short of jobs!

Phil

• Like 3

Now even I'm getting confused what is going on - let me go and check.....

(harp tinkling sounds to indicate the passage of time)

... well I can definitely say that the helix is still there ;-)

I also spotted that time seems to have moved forwards from the '90s to present day with a new arrival.

post-10336-0-32387000-1364935071_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-58366400-1364935126_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it's just mine, but the 'modules' don't fit that well, and it was a right faff tucking all the wires underneath.

Phil

• Like 5

Like the new addition Phil, bought one myself a little while ago and when i opened it the modules wouldn't stay in situ that well, took a little patience but they do seem to click in place then stay where they are.

Layout's looking good but finish the helix's before you go for the roundy roundy. 

Cheers

Graham.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter

I was actaully thinking of adding a roundy roundy bit too - which is how I got started on my high jinks. So in addition to the double helix, I was debating adding a higher level single track that would just hug the wall for most of the time, with a bridge diagonally over the yard.

attachicon.gifBeresford Junction - plan c.png

Perhaps I should finish what I've started first - it's not like I'm short of jobs!

Phil

Yes Phil, Maybe finish what you have started. You can always add the high level later. Just keep it in mind while you are doing the lower level.

Cheers Peter.

Looking good, that tank wagon is certainly an interesting piece, looks like you've got more bdas than me now, david

Thanks David,

Yes I've got six BDAs as last count. 4 Railfreight, 1 LoadHaul and 1 BR Bauxite, which obviously is wrong as you always need an odd number (according to Scott anyway). I did fancy a quad set of EWS, but that obviously that would still be an even number.

The tanker is from OnTracks http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=product&prodID=179020&catID=&fromSearch=true

"One of 10 80 Ton Tank wagons used under contract from German firm OnRail. Used mainly to bring Phosphor into the UK to make fire retardant and water treatment compounds."

You know me I like something different....

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Yes I've got six BDAs as last count. 4 Railfreight, 1 LoadHaul and 1 BR Bauxite, which obviously is wrong as you always need an odd number (according to Scott anyway). I did fancy a quad set of EWS, but that obviously that would still be an even number.

I noticed today the RF BDAs are only £14 at Hattons!