Morning all,

I sneaked down to Beresford Junction and managed to get some shots before heading off to work:

post-10336-0-33060300-1321949220_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-31354300-1321949224_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-21481700-1321949230_thumb.jpg

Last nights build was the MSC container, and I've got another Maersk one stuck to the card ready for cutting and glueing together tonight, however I may get distracted as I've just downloaded the Modern Industrial Building and it's currently being printed on the office printer.....

Unfortunately 70006 has had to be dragged off to the maintenance depot by trusty 57011 due to mechanical issues - probably dirty wheels.

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

The containers are looking good, I have also downloaded the industrial unit but no doubt will fail to complete it as I get confused by the instructions with every kit... I couldn't even do the containers correctly!!

No reflection on scalescenes, I'm just a thicko when it comes to things like that. :no:

I look forward to seeing yours completed.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Phil,

The containers are looking good, I have also downloaded the industrial unit but no doubt will fail to complete it as I get confused by the instructions with every kit... I couldn't even do the containers correctly!!

No reflection on scalescenes, I'm just a thicko when it comes to things like that. :no:

I look forward to seeing yours completed.

Cheers

Scott

Thanks Scott

No pressure on me or anything then....

I too often go wong, but the best thing is you just print out another copy and try again.

Phil

PS I've just had to give all my work coleagues the full (virtual) tour of Beresford Junction, after they found some strange pages of small buildings coming out of the printer :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Phil

Your Scalescenes containers look good. you are making much faster progress than me with them. I have even got them all printed and stuck onto card, but still can't seem to find the time to get them finished (must stop playing MW3 on the PS3!)

Looking forward to seeing the industrial buildings. I've been waiting for those to come out, but now they have I have no idea where I would put them!

Dave

Edited by Rammy

I find building the containers quite theraputic, as they're easy to make, once you get the hang of what goes where. I have started a bit of a production line - one stuck to the card with pritt stick then left a day to dry, while I cut out and glue the one stuck to the card the previous day.

I still haven't added the wire like you did on yours which looks great - on my todo list.

Plenty of options on the building with full, or low relief. You can also make the roof removable, which I'll probably do given the amount of detail inside.

Phil

Another container made - a Maersk refrigerated one - bottom row second from right.

post-10336-0-49957300-1322039537_thumb.jpg

I was just about to start making the Modern Industrial Building, however my mother in law was visiting night and she got interested in what I was doing - the outcome was that she's taken the printouts, card, pritt stick, glue, my scalpel and cutting matt home with her and is going to build it for me.

So I'm now printing out another copy to do myself!

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil

Not commented much lately, but I've been watching your excellent progress. Well done mate.

Would you recommend the containers as a starting project for adventures in scalescene building, before heading off to larger stuff?

Are you sealing the inkjet printouts with varnish or laquer?

Cheers

Guy

Hi Phil

Not commented much lately, but I've been watching your excellent progress. Well done mate.

Would you recommend the containers as a starting project for adventures in scalescene building, before heading off to larger stuff?

Are you sealing the inkjet printouts with varnish or laquer?

Cheers

Guy

Guy

I would definately recommend the containers as a first Scalescenes project. They are definately the easiest kit that I have downloaded so far and will give you a good feel for what is involved. Also, if you get it wrong you haven't wasted much with a container.

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Guy

Thanks for the comments. I know I should spray the containers with something, but haven't got round to it. It's not damp in my cellar so never found the need - perhaps I'll pinch a bit of the wifes hairspray.

I'd thouroughly recommend having a crack at the containers from Scalescenes - very easy to construct - I made one this evening, and took some screenshots along the way.

Print out your page on the printer:

post-10336-0-82958200-1322082674.jpg

Cut up the sheet and stick some onto the appropriate thickness of card - 1mm (top) or 2mm (bottom) with a pritt stick, then leave for 24 hours. The bit on the left you only need to print out.

post-10336-0-19791300-1322082679.jpg

The next day cut out all the various bits using a scalpel:

post-10336-0-62648200-1322082683.jpg

Stick the sides onto the bit below, the printed ends onto the cardboard ends, the printed top onto the cardboard top...

post-10336-0-58091600-1322082687.jpg

Glue the constructed ends to the sides, and insert the support:

post-10336-0-03053100-1322082692.jpg

Now glue on the top, and hey presto....

post-10336-0-18984600-1322082696.jpg

There is no bottom to it as you can see, but not a problem.

post-10336-0-20258100-1322082700.jpg

Give it a go...

Phil

• Like 4

Today, I've been painting the container crane I made a few weeks ago. I've also started the Modern Industrial Building discussed earlier in the week - pics to come when it's a bit more advanced.

post-10336-0-48532200-1322344213_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-96508100-1322344224_thumb.jpg

Not sure what the bloke on the top - it looks like he's being sick!

It still needs a bit more tidying up, and then some signs and dirt adding.

Phil

• Like 3

Another detail you could add is to make some sort of guide rails to stop the crane moving from left to right when in motion ( if it was real).

Regards

Lewis

Thanks Lewis

I've been delaying doing the groundwork in this area, due to the fact I keep changing my mind on how to do it - me changing my mind, never I hear you say!

I was going to use what is currently there (some old black vinyl floor tiles I found when we moved into the house), but now the plan is to use the same grey ready mixed plaster I've used in other places (including the piles in the gravel yard). to fill in between the tracks, optionally painting it black / tarmac colour. It would then be (relatively) easy to create some sunken troughs for it to run in.

I'm still working out how to ensure I keep enough of the inside of the rails free - I've seen various techniques with string, card etc. I might have to do some experiments.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Phil

Hi Phil

Well done only the Freightliner Green and the Logos I used Freightliner

Transfers from Fox the possible reason the chappy is bent over is tat

it is high up there and maybe he /she is not feeling well

David Wexford

Thanks David,

I tried all the greens out that I had in my paints box, and none were quite right - so will have to go and get as you suggest.

More likely the man at the top is feeling queasy at the sight of my bad painting skills.

Cheers

Phil

Phil - I've just started building my own lay-out and I've been reading this forum for ideas/hints/info etc. It's taken me about a week to read through all the posts on here but I've learned a lot from your posts and I love the way you update so humorously. Thanks for sharing it all.

I've definitely learned not to get a cat! :no:

Jon