Referencing a couple of posts upthread, maybe the giant cat got the bloke with the hands in his pockets? 

There's a whole story there. The care-free, slightly idle railway worker who never expected the giant moggy to appear one night and gobble him up. You could write your own morality tale.

Referencing a couple of posts upthread, maybe the giant cat got the bloke with the hands in his pockets? 

There's a whole story there. The care-free, slightly idle railway worker who never expected the giant moggy to appear one night and gobble him up. You could write your own morality tale.

All we need is a story for the sequel now, and we're made.

Quick, build that second helix at the end in 'her' part of the basement whilst she's distracted by a new kitchen! ;)

Hope you're all well mate, we must get together soon. Might be at Ropley again on Sunday and out on test to Alresford late afternoon!

Unfortunately, she caught me laughing at your post, so the cat's (not Poppy) out of the bag.

I'm off on my regular madness trip from Newcastle to South Shields this weekend - the Great North Run - along with the beer stop at 10 miles.

Phil

• Like 1

<snip>

I'm off on my regular madness trip from Newcastle to South Shields this weekend - the Great North Run - along with the beer stop at 10 miles.

Phil

Best of luck Phil. I've run the GNR a few times - fantastic atmosphere.

Layout is looking great - Keep up the good work

Sam

Evening all

I'm now back on the case following my annual bit of exercise - it would have been a PB at the Great North Run if it hadn't been for getting delayed at the 'isotonic beer refreshment point'.

Freight operations seem to be a thing of the past down at Beresford Junction. My three year old insists of running passenger and RES services up and down the helix. (looks like I need to finish the ballasting and add some fencing to keep the sheep off the track).

post-10336-0-60940600-1379541589_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-13338200-1379541623_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-02937300-1379541663_thumb.jpg

The spring loaded couplings often come unhooked on the way down the helix, so I was thinking of changing to fixed rakes of coaches and using the 'close couplings' - all I need to do is find the boxes and dig them out.

Off on the Eurostar at the end of the week which will be a first for me.

Phil

• Like 5

Hi Phil,

Like the 37/4 on passenger. Just in case you didn't know the gangway door cover wouldn't be used in your time period. You could take the tail lamp off and use it though.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter.

I didn't know about the gangway door, so at least I won't make that mistake.

Phil

Freight operations seem to be a thing of the past down at Beresford Junction. My three year old insists of running passenger and RES services up and down the helix.

Phil

Ruby wants to run coaches all the time too. I prefer freight.

Good picture of the 37 on passenger stock :)

• RMweb Premium

"it would be off down the second helix"

That'll be some trick, or do they lay track in front of themselves as well then? 

(The above meant in a "friendly/supportive" way obviously!)

Edited by Temeraire

"it would be off down the second helix"

That'll be some trick, or do they lay track in front of themselves as well then? 

(The above meant in a "friendly/supportive" way obviously!)

Oi - cheeky...

but of course you do have a good point :O - you know I need encouragement to do things.

Phil

A bit of electrification on the fiddle yard, however not sure why it took me an hour and half to drill about 20 holes, feed some wire through them and do a bit of soldering.

I've also been thinking on how to change the current 'ski-ramp' where it descends down at the back ready H2 as it is now called, plus getting my shopping list ready - threaded rod, washers, nuts etc.

Phil

Right, that's the threaded rod, nuts and washers ordered for H2.

lol, completely mis-read that  as "HS2", not "H2" - my first thought was "that's a lot of rods and washers, where's he going to keep them?" :D

Let's hope your project comes in on time and under budget... ;)

Threaded rod, nuts and bolts on order, slow down Phil the second helix will be done by 2014 at this rate. 

(only joking) looking forward to seeing the progress!

Graham.

2014 - an aspirational target I think...

I was down there tonight with my three year old and 18 month old, and all of a sudden 37 906 started moving - yes the 18 month year old has worked out how to use a DCC controller. I'll have to get her over to Leaford and do a bit of route learning.

Anyway, back to H2 - this is where it is going to get 'squeezed' in

post-10336-0-70848500-1380142449_thumb.jpg

all of the current uprights are going to have to come out and obviously all the boxes.

Hopefully I'll get the timber over the weekend then 2015 here we come.

Phil

• Like 4