Morning. A bit of an update on the bridge from last night,

I added the 'tarmac' - it was still a bit wet in these photos so might need another coat.

post-10336-0-39369600-1383553042_thumb.jpg

And here back in-situ

post-10336-0-91488200-1383553042_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-56769300-1383553043_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of scoring a curb along the edge of the pavement, and perhaps a different coloured tarmac/concrete for the pavement?

Then of course I'll be retro fitting any changes to the underneath of the bridge that no-one will ever see - not :no:

Whilst the bridge was off the layout for painting, it was amazing how different the layout looked (for the worse), so much so I'm thinking of adding some more bridges / structures / height to break it up, not sure what though.

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Of course it took me about two hours to get all the little men standing up at once!

They're going to need a bigger shovel if that pile of horsey do-do is anything to go by!  Mind you looks like they plan on making it a long job as they've installed themselves a khazi!

Can you re position the Police Landrover please, I would prefer it to be behind the naughty person.

Bridge is looking good Phil, in fact the whole layout is coming along nicely, I wish I could say the same for mine.
What paint did you use for the road surface, it looks good.

Hope to catch up with you and the crew soon...

Can you re position the Police Landrover please, I would prefer it to be behind the naughty person.

Bridge is looking good Phil, in fact the whole layout is coming along nicely, I wish I could say the same for mine.

What paint did you use for the road surface, it looks good.

Hope to catch up with you and the crew soon...

Here we go, although looks like the WPC (without high-viz) beat them to it (another 10 mins spent leaning the people against something)

post-10336-0-08828000-1383606210_thumb.jpg

The paint for the tarmac is a 'custom blend' - I spent ages mixing it out of randoms cans of paint left in the house by the previous owners. I mix up a batch then keep it in the take-away containers which means it lasts forever.

And yes it will be good to meet up again.

Phil

• Like 1

Evening all.

The good news was that I ordered the track to finish H2 and it was delivered to work on Friday. The bad news was that I managed to leave it there in my desk drawer - how annoying.

So I've been doing some maintenance jobs, like fitting one of the old kitchen cupboards to the wall for use as loco storage - seeing all them together makes me think I've probably got enough for now.

post-10336-0-89507900-1384103192_thumb.jpg

Lets hope I screwed it to the wall well!

Phil

• Like 3

There's no such thing as enough locos !

I was thinking that as I was writing it, and hopefully once H2 is done, I'll be able to have a couple going round and round while I shunt in the yard, although as a couple on here would testify, I often struggle with controlling just one at a time.

Doing a bit more wiring up of the fiddle yard tonight.

Phil