Afternoon all, a couple of shots of a rather busy yard I managed to catch before heading off to work this morning.

post-10336-0-66368600-1422630966_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-56277300-1422630967_thumb.jpg

Good news is a package of wagons has arrived to be un-boxed and played with tonight, however I'll need to be early to bed for due to a packed day travelling with others who lurk on here to the Stafford show tomorrow. Last time we went was three years ago I believe, when we nearly got snowed in - hopefully not a bit of deja-vu...

Phil

• Like 8

Morning all

You wouldn't believe where people get planning permission to build houses these days!

post-10336-0-92480400-1422867699_thumb.jpg

A note of explanation - I was given this building for free by a trader at the Stafford show at the weekend. I had bought a couple of wagons, but it did seem rude to decline the offer, however I'm not sure exactly where I'm going to plonk it!

Phil

• Like 3

Cladding has (almost, apart from the bits at the end) been completed for sheds 2 and 3.

post-10336-0-20370900-1422967377_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-34867700-1422967388_thumb.jpg

I've also started experimenting with adding dirt to the fresh paint following discussions with PaulRhb on our trip to Stafford, which will hopefully hightlight the texture of the cladding.

Oh and as you see the era is starting to change back to more modern with the NR wagons showing up....

Phil

• Like 4

First coat of paint now applied to the building and for a change, a nice bit of Farrow and Ball Estate Emulstion - "light blue".

I have also done a quick stocktake of road vehicles and found that I already had both of the Oxford Diecast items I purchased in Stafford - oh well, you can't have too much.

Now just waiting for the paint to dry - will it dry faster if I watch it?

Phil

Evening All

A bit of info on the delivery today from the Merseyside area.

Not sure what to think really. On one hand not bad for £70, i.e. a third of the usual price, but on the other, it's like back to the 1970's

It is really light, and could barely make it up the helix on its own, never mind pull anything. It also looks really plasticy (although I'm sure with a bit of weathering this will go away).

I think it will be a great addition to the yard, and will be good for shunting/messing about (which is what I seem to spend my life doing), or just idling in a siding.

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The overnight engineering team did some heavy lifting and removed the body. As you can see not much in there, hence why there isn't much pulling power. Also no lights fitted.

attachicon.gif20150210_075939.jpg

A bit of weathering added - starting to look better already.

attachicon.gif20150210_075651.jpg

attachicon.gif20150210_075739.jpg

Enjoy

Phil

Plenty of room there for a bit of extra weight, it might then be able to pull something.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all, and I've had a bit of a spring clean.

post-10336-0-84922500-1425247667_thumb.jpg

After a few weeks of inactivity, I've finally managed to get some time to work on the layout, however as you can see, my first job has been to have a bit of a tidy up.

I've got my list of jobs - starting with extending the fiddle yard and wiring up the new depot area - no more playing trains for a bit then....

Phil

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

If only I spent some of the time messing about with video cameras and YouTube actually doing some modelling.....

DB Schenker class 66 collects the first of the Arriva South Wales coaches in preparation for the upcoming service from Beresford Junction to Cardiff Central.

The banging/hammering in the background is my son 'helping out'.

Phil

• Like 6