Four Candles

David Bigcheeseplant

Four Candles

An idea picked up from Missy at the St Albans show, four candles or rather four battery powered night lights can be brought for £1 at pound shops, once striped down each light provides a flickering LED, a switch, and small batteries, I have used these to light the offices on my Aylesbury engine shed offices.

David

I read the title and just started laughing thinking about the Two Ronnies gag

You and me both Tony :lol: :lol:

David

I bought some of these for our Metcalfe church model. I took out the batteries, mounted three of the lights on some pcb and connected them to a three volt supply.

So now we have, like your offices, simulated flickering candle light in the church. No doubt the light in your offices is as effective as that in our church.

As you say a good idea.

Regards

Another David

Seriously though, bought some supplies of these in the run up to Christmas following a headsup on here. They're currently (joke) in bits awaiting more experiments. IIRC (Bertiedog?) the flicker is done by a music chip.

[Edit] And I use the Fork Handles sketch for teaching about stock control programs.

On a similar line of cheap LED lights I wonder if we could convert one of the small wind up LED torches to power all lights on a section of a layout. These seem to be dirt cheap as well now.

Glad to see that the OP has a sense of humour - it's our hobby and we do it for fun so the link to 2 Rons is good. A bit like when I'm in the office and hear a police siren I make the comment that he won't sell much ice cream at that speed. (Morcambe & Wise) That's allright coming from a short fat bloke with hairy legs (me).

Archived