Spraying turntable

Cake turntables start at around £10 here and can go up to £70. So the Ikea Lazy Susan is not a bad price.

I bought one when they were £4.99 and it's been great. It will take a lot largemodel than the normal cake version.

Andy

I've have a couple of the Ikea wooden ones, bought them years ago, plus a plastic cake one - the latter surplus domestic :huh:

The wooden ones have some weight to them, much more preferable than the plastic.

£5 is not a lot for such a useful tool..... Apart from spraying, good for photowork too.

Good value (the price of a 16t truck in OO or 1.5 pints or beer around these parts) when you think just how tricky such would be for many (me included) to home-produce and function so well. Such might even work for smaller scales and gauges as the bases for a complete train 360deg turntable/fiddle yard thingy.

Who is going to be the first to build a spinning micro-layout on one?

Revolving layout - exactly this in a recent edition of OO9 Society newsletter "OO9 News". If I read it correctly some clever work to adjust speed so that it stayed in the same relative place.

Poundland had (might still have?) plastic turntables for mounting computer monitors etc. on. At, surprise, surprise £1.00.

Edit, see this thread for the very thing:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/28209-turntable-for-painting/

Relevant/possible to merge the two threads?

Cheers,

26power

Ah! The train stands still and the layout revolves beneath it?

Archived