In a shed somewhere

Tim Hale

• RMweb Gold

PS Can I select which parts of Leicestershire I'd like moving next to Cornwall? There's a few bits I'd quite happily leave where they are. Wouldn't want to clog up the Cornish coast with a whole new off-shore county would we?

Now you're just being silly! :P

CK,

Is it true that Railtrack are encouraging the operators to invest in less susceptible forms of motive power which can tolerate the occasional dousing in saline? Either a return to kettle power or HM Dockyard Devonport's finest submersibles will be adapted for the Dawlish watersplash?

BTW In common with roadways, are the 'Ford' signs either side of the track at Dawlish, thus giving drivers some form of warning about the dangers of using that route?

DesA

• RMweb Gold

CK,

Is it true that Railtrack are encouraging the operators to invest in less susceptible forms of motive power which can tolerate the occasional dousing in saline? Either a return to kettle power or HM Dockyard Devonport's finest submersibles will be adapted for the Dawlish watersplash?

BTW In common with roadways, are the 'Ford' signs either side of the track at Dawlish, thus giving drivers some form of warning about the dangers of using that route?

DesA

It's quite simple, when the trains are approaching Dawlish Warren and Teignmouth respectively, the guard announces that all passengers should don their snorkles and take a deep breath.... :lol:

Am I the only one to have only just tumbled to the fact that we have Tim H back in our midst? Anyway good to see you on board again Tim, look forward to seeing your work at Taunton again.Best wishes,yet another Tim.

No Tim, - CK, and myself ' tumbled' it a while back, sorry I wont be at Taunton, it's the weekend of the Wimborne show, and I'll be demonstrating err something ????:)

But you can always pay a visit to Blandford Town Museum, Wednesdays or school holidays :) .

It's quite simple, when the trains are approaching Dawlish Warren and Teignmouth respectively, the guard announces that all passengers should don their snorkles and take a deep breath.... :lol:

Faintly reminiscent of 20,000 leagues under the sea, does that mean that CK is really Captain Nemo?:blink:

DesA

• RMweb Gold

Back, way back, there was in Railway Modeller the Lyonesse Railway, 0 gauge GW, with a timber viaduct (all I remember). Just where you're plonked Leicestershire. Anyone remember it?

No, but I think Barry Norman produced a layout plan based on that theme in one of his Wild Swan books a few years ago...

This thread was bumping along nicely until Captain Birdseye arrived, since then the thread has spiralled downwards. :rolleyes:

To get back on track, for the past few nights, there has been much grunting and foul language in the aforementioned shed in an attempt to get something ready for the show, hopefully Bill Jones will be answering questions about his buildings for Beaminster and we should have the completed* station on display.

DesA

*or at least bits of it.

• RMweb Gold

This thread was bumping along nicely until Captain Birdseye arrived, since then the thread has spiralled downwards. :rolleyes:

Yes, the very first posting in the thread was 'on topic', after that, we all got distracted by geography and fish fingers... :P

To get back on track, for the past few nights, there has been much grunting and foul language in the aforementioned shed in an attempt to get something ready for the show, hopefully Bill Jones will be answering questions about his buildings for Beaminster and we should have the completed* station on display.

*or at least bits of it.

Apart from Taunton in April, Tim, are you taking Beaminster's buildings to any other shows in the near future?

Looking at the photos on your blog, I'd say that the assorted line up of differing buildings you've already built have much more character than the Medstead building from Skaledale, nice though that is.

And Bill's model of Fordingbridge is superb.

from the shed:

With today's welcome announcement of an SR 25t 'Pillbox' Brake Van from Bachmann, I thought that a photo of Tri-ang's old exLBSCR example would not go amiss. This is a later Chinese-made example in BR livery, not much to add to the model except to file off the location tabs and fill in the holes, then a heavy weathering- the roof was 'textured' with Heki road paint and everything received washes of very dilute acrylic black. The final work was to cut off the couplers and fit Kadee #5's.

I am not sure why I like this model, it is certainly outclassed by anything from Bachmann but it provide me with an easy upgrade and something to enjoy in the shed.

LBSCR_Brake2.jpg

Guest Max Stafford

It's got a pleasing shape though, like a curvier version of a Stanier brake.

Whilst it will benefit from finer fittings, the basic shape's pretty good.

Dave.

Archived