• RMweb Gold

[Pedantic mode] Isn't that the Frys one, not the Cadburys one? I didn't think Cadburys had a Sentinel [/Pedantic mode]

I agree, I might purchase one on that basis as well. It's a wonderful little survivor. Though if only it could be chocolate fired.....imagine the lovely smell!

Aha! There you have me - of course it was Fry's! I blame browsing RMWeb while at work. Although the two companies had merged in 1919...

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone.

Hopefully to be back in stock shortly is my revised 4mm scale, Austerity/J94 0-6-0ST chassis kit.

Some new cast whitemetal wagon detailing parts will be released shortly involving brake gear to enhance models and easy replacement in RTR wagons, in particular 8 brake clasp gear.

Some of the 4mm scale detailing range will now be done in lost wax brass as well one or 2 new items as I will be trying a new supplier out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good evening everyone,

soon to be released in 4mm scale, 00/EM/P4 is the Post war Streamlined Sentinel 0-4-0VBT.

The test build has gone well with just a couple of minor alterations to the etch needed but otherwise is ready to go into production. Contains the usual specs as the other 2 kits including motor, wheels and gears.

If you want to pre order one, please let me know off group.

post-8628-0-95614200-1422211912_thumb.jpg

post-8628-0-85762000-1422211924_thumb.jpg

This does bring to the end of the Sentinel 100hp series from me which from left to right shows the development of the design throughout out its manufacture. Which is your favourite?

post-8628-0-67927000-1422211950_thumb.jpg

Also being test built currently is the Thomas Hill vanguard rebuild -0-4-0

post-8628-0-25502300-1422211936_thumb.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 13

Hi Robert,

The Thomas Hill rebuild looks very promising, I have fond memories of shunting with one (TH164) at Barrington Cement works shortly before she was scrapped. So at least I'll have an excuse to order one...

Paul A. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Hello everyone,

sorry if ive been lazy in this but ive just copied and pasted the latest news and releases from the website as ive got to go to work in a minute. Enjoy!

Latest Release,

4mm scale, standard gauge 00/EM/P4 revised Austerity/J94 0-6-0ST chassis kit.

This is a much updated version of our chassis kit, not very much has changed to be honest but the inside valve gear is slightly more detailed and easier to build with tab and slot construction. The whole chassis is now on one sheet so makes my life easier and quicker when packing. Take a look at the instructions on the chassis page.

What has vastly improved is the instructions which now features part numbers and much clearer diagrams.

4mm scale, standard gauge 00/EM/P4 Streamlind Sentinel loco kit is now ready for release, instructions currently being completed for it.

4SLK003 Post war sentinel is now back in stock.

All lost wax brass ladders have been withdrawn from the albert goodall range as im trying out a new supplier.

However brand new patterns are being made so they are the correct shape and also feature the pins at the top for the first time. You may find the more popular ones will be rolled out first with all other variants to follow not too long after.

Also Whitemetal castings of the rebuilt whistle, injectors and Bulleid lights are deing withdrawn and produced in lost wax brass and nickel silver.

These means the items will be in the correct colours and also can be soldered easily as well as trying to ensure good quality castings with the lights and keeping stock levels up.

Also our first 7mm scale, narrow gauge 0-14 and 0-16.5 wagon kit shpuld be relased shortly, need to test build the chassis and do the instructions. The Cliffe Hill mineral side tipping wagon. 

We've just a delivery of etches so most etched kits and parts are back in stock now and altered stock levels were appropriate and what i can remember.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Latest release is my first 7mm scale, 0-14 & 0-16.5 wagon kit of the cliffe hill mineral wagon.

Etched in 15 thou nickel silver, requires wheels which kb scale supply the correct type.

7mm%20scale%200-14%200-16.5%20cliffe%20h

The 4mm scale streamlined post war 100hp sentinel is now available.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 5

It's a while since I looked at your website (being mostly 4mm scale) and missed the sentinels, it was the Cliffe Hill wagons which prompted me to take a look. Do you have any plans to produce either the early or streamlined sentinel, or the Thomas Hill rebuild in 7mm scale?

Whilst most of my modelling of late has been standard gauge, once wheels arrive from KBScale, can see an afternoon assembling your Cliffe Hill wagon will occur...

Cheers,

Andrew

• RMweb Gold

I am planning on doing these in 7mm scale Andrew, just awaiting the patterns from someone which has been offered to me.

I look forward to the results of your cliffe hill wagons and if possible, would I be allowed photos of them fully finished for the websites gallery?

• Like 1

Evening RT, some cracking stuff coming through from you, any news on the Barber kit?

I see the back to steam gala at the south tynedale is the start of May, would be great to pick a kit up there with the real thing pottering around if your going to be up there

Looking forward to completing my gas works quartet

cheers

james

I am planning on doing these in 7mm scale Andrew, just awaiting the patterns from someone which has been offered to me.

I look forward to the results of your cliffe hill wagons and if possible, would I be allowed photos of them fully finished for the websites gallery?

Yes, of course. will photograph as I go. Won't be a straight forward build though, I want to try making them work...

Look forward to seeing them in 7mm scale, the Sentinels are attractively unusual. I'd not heard of the Thomas Hill rebuilds before looking at your website, they're rather nice compact machines.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Young

• RMweb Gold

Hi James,

I need to go and photograph barber in person before carrying on with the patterns as I want to make sure everything is correct.

Sadly I won't be going up there for the next few months as I'm launching Shropshires first open top double decker sightseeing tour in May.

Hi James,

I need to go and photograph barber in person before carrying on with the patterns as I want to make sure everything is correct.

Sadly I won't be going up there for the next few months as I'm launching Shropshires first open top double decker sightseeing tour in May.

No probs RT, at least with the real thing back in one piece and working up at Alston ther will be plenty of time to get up there for measuring etc. Ill keep an eye out for news on here.

Good luck for the launch, hope the bank holiday weather will be kind to you!

keep up the good work

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Latest release in 4mm scale, standard gauge, Albert Goodall range is a pair of lost wax brass rebuilt bulleid Pacific cylinder drain cock pipes.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/csc_3358.jpg

Also the injectors have been done in lost wax brass

Bullied electric lights are now in lost wax nickel silver

The whitemetal smokebox darts are now available as a lost wax brass version.

Edited by RThompson

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately from August until the end of September I will not be doing any online or postal orders due to work commitments, the website will be updated shortly to mention this and slowly going through current orders.

It is planned to still attend em north in Manchester and scaleforum in Aylesbury exhibitions in September provided I have a driver to drive my bus service.

On a good note we will be attending for the first time to expong in Swanley at the end of October and will be attending Warley in November.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I will not be attending em north this weekend with the stand.

I should still be attending scaleforum next weekend provided nothing else goes wrong and maybe finally see the release of the 4mm scale Thomas hill vanguard rebuild and a unannounced new 4mm scale narrow gauge item.

On another note, I am now slowly going through people's orders that has been placed during the no ordering period (quite a lot in fact) so everyone will get there orders shortly as I have returned from driving buses in London for the last month.

Edited by RThompson