• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Whilst I've got some spare time at work I can inform you all of some forthcoming releases when the website hopefully gets updated sometime this week.

The test etch for the 4mm scale austerity 0-6-0ST lambton cab has gone well and will be available as a complete sheet like the already existing detailing sheet but enough for one loco.

These are available for £10.50 per sheet, only 3 in stock in brass.

I might re-offer them as nickel silver in the next batch.

rt%20modelslambton%20cab%20etch.jpg

Also I will introduce a austerity 0-6-0ST eco detailing sheet, like the bigger version but with enough parts to do one loco with a standard round rear specticle cab, some perts are not included as these already exist on the larger sheet.

These retail for £6.00

dsc_9491.jpg

Test etch for the London Transport RW 60ft rail wagon test build is going well, hoping to have it finished this week and be in a position to order production etches.

I havnt had a chance to start on the 100hp post war sentinel.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good afternoon everyone,

Just to let you know I'll be at Expo EM this weekend in Manchester.

The London Transport RW 60ft rail wagon will be released at long last, will see if I've got time to put a photo of it on the website tomorrow, must admit I am very pleased with it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi all, very quickly before i start loading the car for EM North.

Heres some photos of 4mm scale items.

Wont be releasing the LT 60ft rail wagon at the show as I still havnt received a invoice for the etches so can't price them plus the instructions are not done which would have been posted seperately.

Hope to see you at the 3 shows this month im at but will only at the 009 society convention for a few hours for setting up the stand for a friend before I shoot off for scaleforum on the friday.

rt%20models%20london%20transport%20rw%20

sentinel%20loco%20kit.jpg

sentinel%20loco%20kit%20rear.jpg

• Like 7

The LT wagon looks very good Robert; it's not smething I actually want or need but it looks nicely executed. It's also good to see progress on the Sentinel which looks very promising. I do wonder, however, whether the front cab windows are rather too tall and the cab cut out a bit too low? Assuming that the 'bonnet' is about right (and I think it probably is, proprtionately) then the bottom of the cut out should line up with the point where it bends inwards. As it is it stands the cab side sheet is about 1mm too high and the same applies to the top of the bunker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/5817227641/in/photolist-9S3P7i-9SYzGk-c4n4q7-9VFFDu-9TyoSW-9Typ49-9SYzNz-9Sbsz7-9LQB7B-9LroYc-c3QeJQ-bMLD8R-9PJRZK-bbndtp-aH9X7r-aXVKiD-bztNfY-c3QeZY-9MMYkx-9T5dEd-c3QerY-9MQM6S-cNqkUE-9LQCQD-dS18EP-9Rn1tR-9LrHVg-c4n4Hh-9LNzPy-9Wjnh4-bqv1Mu-9VwWbU/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/5753735035/in/photolist-9S3P7i-9SYzGk-c4n4q7-9VFFDu-9TyoSW-9Typ49-9SYzNz-9Sbsz7-9LQB7B-9LroYc-c3QeJQ-bMLD8R-9PJRZK-bbndtp-aH9X7r-aXVKiD-bztNfY-c3QeZY-9MMYkx-9T5dEd-c3QerY-9MQM6S-cNqkUE-9LQCQD-dS18EP-9Rn1tR-9LrHVg-c4n4Hh-9LNzPy-9Wjnh4-bqv1Mu-9VwWbU/

What a huge pair of URLs... The rear cab windows seem to have slipped too far down the cab backsheet (though they are about the right size I think). The shutters and electric lights seem to have been optional fittings btw:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/5791092345/in/photolist-9S3P7i-9SYzGk-c4n4q7-9VFFDu-9TyoSW-9Typ49-9SYzNz-9Sbsz7-9LQB7B-9LroYc-c3QeJQ-bMLD8R-9PJRZK-bbndtp-aH9X7r-aXVKiD-bztNfY-c3QeZY-9MMYkx-9T5dEd-c3QerY-9MQM6S-cNqkUE-9LQCQD-dS18EP-9Rn1tR-9LrHVg-c4n4Hh-9LNzPy-9Wjnh4-bqv1Mu-9VwWbU/lightbox/

Promising, however, and the really tricky bits, the bonnet and the roof line look right.

Adam

Edited by Adam

Hi Robert,

What sort of gearbox are you intending to recommend for use with the Sentinel?

It looks very nice, although I agree that the cab windows are perhaps a tad tall  

Super in any case, as I've wanted one in 4mm for years

Paul A. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Whilst I havnt gone over the model to check all the dimensions are correct, I would say that everything is actually correct except for the upper sides of the bonnet as the peak is about 1mm taller than the internal partitions.

The model will come with a highlevel all wheel drive gearbox which fits between the frames and a mashima 1420 motor which is actually fitted to this model.

I should hopefully be going to see another sentinel to gain the missing information needed which I can compare like for like the model and real loco.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Whilst I havnt gone over the model to check all the dimensions are correct, I would say that everything is actually correct except for the upper sides of the bonnet as the peak is about 1mm taller than the internal partitions.

The model will come with a highlevel all wheel drive gearbox which fits between the frames and a mashima 1420 motor which is actually fitted to this model.

I should hopefully be going to see another sentinel to gain the missing information needed which I can compare like for like the model and real loco.

Robert,

I dont know how far you are from Elsecar but I believe there is one there being used as a donor for an earlier version.

Hopefully see you at Aylesbury S4UM

Gordon A

Bristol

Black Country Blues

Earlier in the year Robert very kindly donated some of his resin steelworks items to the BCB project team, who were very pleased to receive them. As I'd already worked with these parts for my own projects, I volunteered to work them up ready for use on the layout. Over the next few days I'll be making a couple of postings, outlining the work done, plus some prototype notes, here on the BCB wagon building thread;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57246-black-country-blues-rolling-stock-workbench/page-15

Arthur

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good morning everyone.

Just to let you all know, the website has been altered to have menu pages rather than the pop up links as there has been quite a few reports that people cannot access the website fully.

On another note, I now have released in 4mm scale, clear lenses to go into SGLP019 large industrial Electric locomotive Lights, these are a push fit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A quick update, the sentinel was emailed off to the etchers last night as near to production status as possible, although I have a feeling that the external rear bunker will ruin the final kit and will have to be re-done again! Its a complicated area of the kit.

Hopefully a fully built (or as near as possible depending on how the test etch comes out) will be on display at Warley exhibition.

Please note at Warley we are now stand D19 on the corner in the small suppliers forum, not C07 as previously.

Also the class 13 conversion kit is having a new mould made to improve on various areas and also will mean that the former control desk will now be done in whitemetal.

Also I've taken the opportunity to do the etch as a large sheet rather than a couple at a time and also small bases for the Hornby sprung buffers is now included.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A quick update, the sentinel was emailed off to the etchers last night as near to production status as possible, although I have a feeling that the external rear bunker will ruin the final kit and will have to be re-done again! Its a complicated area of the kit.

Hopefully a fully built (or as near as possible depending on how the test etch comes out) will be on display at Warley exhibition.

That's great news Robert.

Another step closer ;)

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

Hi 46444,

With the sentinel it certainly is a step closer, whilst having another look at the test model, with the way the gearbox is inclined, it has made it possible to fit a mashima flat can 12xx type of motor instead of the original 1020. Once I've found the right flywheel (hopefully) to supply with the kit then I will know what length of motor to include.

Where possible, its always best to Have a big as motor as possible as far as im concerned, underpowered this loco certainly won't be!

Hi Missy,

The 2mm scale hudson tipper wagon was resubmitted for another test etch having been modified following Alex Duckworths comments on his test build.

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

I should have arriving the next test etch for the 4mm scale postwar 100hp sentinel.

Expected price to be up to £100 or maybe less for a complete kit with motor, wheels and gears and maybe a flywheel.

If the test etch goes ok which I'm hoping will, anyone interested in ordering one please let me know off group through pm or email and also if (a big if) its ready by warley, if you wish to pick it up from there?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here's the test build of the sentinel which needs some minor tweaking and the patterns still needs finishing.

Also whilst not photograghed is the option to build a flat backed version (internal bunker)

whilst the gearbox intrudes into the cab, its actually very hard to see it once the roof is on.

post-8628-0-01664100-1383484004.jpg

post-8628-0-32068300-1383484022.jpg

post-8628-0-16187500-1383484045.jpg

post-8628-0-94009400-1383484063.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Also the 2mm scale Hudson tipper wagon is now in stock but won't release it till warley as well as the sentinel, if everything goes to plan for the former!

With the hudson tipper, I will only be offering it as a etch so the builder will need to source wheels and buffers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also a couple of new bits should be released at warley.

Do keep us posted here asap for probably the vast majority of us who don't support that event.

I have to say I find that sentinel rather attractive and tempting, just too much to do at the moment and with a few of your Stantons up on bench soon. :sigh:

Hi Robert,

There used to be a very good appraisal of Mashima motors on here by Geoff Baxter, Mr Hollywood Foundry.  I searched for it recently and couldn't find it, so if anyone else knows where it is?

One of his major conclusions was that the 12 series are very poor and you're better off using a 10 series unless you have the room for a 14.  His BullAnts come with a 10 series and both mine will pull houses down.  I just thought I'd throw that in in case using a 10 series makes it easier for you.