RMweb

Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm wondering if this is a bit of overkill for cutting out disks for boiler washout plugs... blink.gif

The punch (made by a French company called Mekano and is donkey's years old) is for making fibre etc. washers and two different sized cutters can be fitted at once, the cutter fitted is the smallest at 3mm (does up to 30mm). I just thought it would do this job OK and it has.

The disks with holes drilled in them can be seen to the right.

post-7104-0-96437400-1308254490_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Paul. You can give it a good workout when you bring it along to the Hartlepool Exhibition on the 9th & 10th of July to run on my layout - "Stainsby". RMweb members are invited to come along and watch it in action! Paul might even sign autographs for you.

Paul the J27's always look great. Having built a Bradwell version I have noticed that all the lovely detail disappears into the black paint. Yours above looks Brill BTW. Is it going to get an "in service" weathering job?

I, on the other hand, look forward to thrashing it up and down to within an inch of its life all weekend. I didn't pick up whether you said what kit it was - Dave Alexander?

Oh, I don't know about that, Jonathan. My turn first!!! Anyway there's another J27 and a couple of J26s - all Dave Alexander's kits - to do some of the hard work, too.

I hope that you haven't forgotten how to use the control panel - there will be a test on Friday evening and if you fail you will be sent home!!

Oh, I don't know about that, Jonathan. My turn first!!! Anyway there's another J27 and a couple of J26s - all Dave Alexander's kits - to do some of the hard work, too.

I hope that you haven't forgotten how to use the control panel - there will be a test on Friday evening and if you fail you will be sent home!!

Hi,

i was at Hartlepool this afternoon. Watched the layout for a bit and saw the J27.

Nice layout and nice loco. Well done lads. Any chance of a few photos on here

please?

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As promised, a couple of photos of 1010 in service on Stainsby. She ran well, the only problem was that I had wired her the opposite way to the rest of David's locos, a five minutes and a soldering iron sorted this.

post-7104-0-99023600-1310309868_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-58683700-1310309875_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

It's been handed over to David, he can do what he likes with it now, all his other locos are in this condition so that is no doubt how it will stay.

Look out for a layout thread soon, I took quite a few photos yesterday of Stainsby and David asked me to put them on here.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I built a couple of David Geen's LNER 13t coal hoppers quite a while ago (I've built another more recently in EM BR) and have just started refurbishing three that I bought off a friend a couple of years ago. They have been weathered and one has had a repaint into 'unpainted' livery using Games Workshop 'Bleached Bone' then weathered with powders. A couple of them have loose wheels, I think the axleguards need re-fixing. Here's some photos of them on Felton Lane.

post-7104-0-87294500-1316548439.jpg

post-7104-0-89825300-1316548448.jpg

post-7104-0-51251700-1316548469.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

LNER D86/87 Milk van.

I looked back to see when I started this kit and couldn't believe it was 25th March 2010... Anyway, progress was halted before I threw it in the bin. I decided to give it another go and have almost succeeded. There are some bits that will need sorting out at some time - the brake levers are just a flat etch and will need replacing with something that looks like a brake lever at some time. The door handles are a guess and the instructions were a bit vague on this.

In brass before completion (the battery box has been straightened).

post-7104-0-56425500-1317152606.jpg

Body complete and in white primer (it is white, not grey).

post-7104-0-85351000-1317152626.jpg

Chassis in black.

post-7104-0-83081000-1317152633.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Almost there, the bodywork was painted with 'Vallejo' Model Colour - Flat Earth acrylic, this seems to be a very good match for Precision LNER Teak. Jobs still to do are lettering, glazing, couplings and some brake shoes (another fault with the kit).

post-7104-0-87646800-1317329480.jpg