Model Rail MK2A Regional Railways Coach Packs

Garry D100

Received my coach pack 2 yesterday and I am very pleased as this can now join my coach pack 1. Currently being run-in with LL 37425 whilst waiting for the arrival of Hornby's RR 31/4.

Many Thanks to all at Model Rail, CDS & Kernow. Hopefully more excellent models to come again in the future.

• RMweb Premium

Indeed one may question why these need to be limited edition when they are pretty mainstream. I feel we are now seeing certain limited editions that a few years ago would have been a std release. Note certain not all, many Ltd's are niche and would never be general release and MR are doing fine work on niche models/liveries.

PS This is not a criticism of MR just a general observation, Im an MR reader.

Probably Bachmann feel they have been bitten by the MK2 Blue/Grey coaches not selling well so have shied off other versions such as these. If standard Blue/Grey doesn't sell out, RR versions are unlikely to do so.

If the RR Mk2's had been a general release item we would have only had one running number for a TSO not three different ones AND would they also have had the incorrect lower body colour to match the existing RR Mk1's already released?

I'm just pleased to have a great looking rake of RR Mk2's - can we have some more please?

Didnt regional railway have some coaches moved up from Network Southeast that they just painted the red stripe off and replaced it with a light blue one? Not sure if the paint scheme had a name of any sort but I think it did from what I can remember - but cant think what? Dont suppose Bachmann are doing those too? Theres a pic of one of them on the picture given for Hornbys regional class 31 release as its the coach behind the 31. That would strengthen your Regional rake you have just got from Bachmann....

• RMweb Premium

There were two versions of amended NSE livery on Mk 2's IIRC. The red stripe repainted light blue as already stated, also some had the blue window surrounds painted executive dark grey as well or instead, Platform 5 book for 1994 shows Mk 1 BSK 35479 so adorned.

Didnt regional railway have some coaches moved up from Network Southeast that they just painted the red stripe off and replaced it with a light blue one? Not sure if the paint scheme had a name of any sort but I think it did from what I can remember - but cant think what? Dont suppose Bachmann are doing those too? Theres a pic of one of them on the picture given for Hornbys regional class 31 release as its the coach behind the 31. That would strengthen your Regional rake you have just got from Bachmann....

I don't think the livery had a name but I know what you mean and yes I could do with a few of those too. IIRC some found their way to Scotland too in the early 90's.

Probably Bachmann feel they have been bitten by the MK2 Blue/Grey coaches not selling well so have shied off other versions such as these. If standard Blue/Grey doesn't sell out, RR versions are unlikely to do so.

Bachmann MK2 Blue/Grey TSO coaches are like "hen's teeth" to find - one went recently for £46+ on eBay. The box shifters will have boxes full of MK2 Brakes, but no TSO's.

Bachmann MK2 Blue/Grey TSO coaches are like "hen's teeth" to find - one went recently for £46+ on eBay. The box shifters will have boxes full of MK2 Brakes, but no TSO's.

Its the same for the NSE variants too. Maybe a forthcoming Ltd Ed by someone? Seems like easy money, evidence of serious demand is there.

My RR sets on order, delivery any day. Given others photos looks like I wont be disapointed.

This is probably Bachmanns own fault in poor planning, if you release a model, at least think of what coaches go into an everyday train that will probably be modelled by modellers, the majority of us would put say 4 x TSO's, 1 x brake coach of some sort, and 1 x 1st class of some sort.

So thats 1000 x FK's, 1000x of a certain brake, and lets see shall we just release 1500 x TSO's to see if they sell, also on the 2011 releases shall we release another Blue Grey MK2 FK coach in a different number, yes lets !!!

Jeeez Barwell were are the TSO's the market is quietly screaming for them.

PS I love my MK2 regionals, I will be respraying my lower stripes on my MK1s to match them very soon.

My RR MK2 have arrived and nice they look behind an EWS 37/4.

However the brake coach has a poor paint job surprisingly, it looks like it hasnt had enough blue paint applied, you can clearly see white beneath it, especially on one side/one end in particular. If I had bought this in my local shop I would probably have taken it back for a swap but given the hassles of returning by post I think I just leave it. Has anyone else had paint quality issues on the brake coach?

• 1 year later...

Archived