FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

Hi it is with great pleasure my next new wagon will be the CO2 4 wheel tanker

I know who has drawings and might bump into him at a show but would like to get things moving so any help with drawings / measurements / underframe close up photos would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know there is many variations but would like to do 2 different tanks using the same chassis.

I would like to thank Paul Bartlett for his kind permission to use his photograph.

Hugh

post-7432-0-61291400-1406317949.png

Hi it is with great pleasure my next new wagon will be the CO2 4 wheel tanker

I know who has drawings and might bump into him at a show but would like to get things moving so any help with drawings / measurements / underframe close up photos would be greatly appreciated.

Now I know there is many variations but would like to do 2 different tanks using the same chassis.

I would like to thank Paul Bartlett for his kind permission to use his photograph.

Hugh

Evening Hugh, Wow you've made me and a fair few of my mates very happy now! :) excellent choice and we can't wait, i thought you may be doing the BMA hooded bogie wagon which runs with colas but i'm so chuffed you've chose something thats different to steel traffic for the next one!

Reckon as said above that there will be an in flux of Appleby CO2 Tank's on ebay shortly but this time not selling for £100.00 each! :) Anyway many thanks for the update and look forward to more news on the tank & of course the SPA Wagon.

Best Regards Rich

Good choice Hugh - I certainly need a few of these in early 1980's guise, which supplied Sheerness Steel's operations! Great that you have considered the SS JXA/POA on a short-list - that suggest it could be a possibility in the future? I have some drawings and pics should that progress. Thanks

Thanks Rich

Remember the Appleby kit is excellent with different chassis I hope to be on my way with cad as soon as I can find info required.

Hugh

No probs buddy and yes i love J.T's kits i have 6 here aswell as various other wagon's from his 90's range :) i won't be selling them thou as like you say the one in the pic is the short chassis version so a nice mix yes ;)

Cheers Rich

Hi Hugh, please let us know when the website goes live as I don't want to miss out! (I don't do Facebook, so I won't see it there.)

Do you have any idea how long it will be between batches? As you have said that the hooded Cardiff Rod Mill SPA will be in the 3rd batch.

I hope that your efforts are rewarded with the sales that they deserve- I'm looking forward to your CO2 wagon already, and that's before the SPA has been released!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good news web site up and running for pre-orders remember only 300 of each model.

Still to work out postage on web site as I will do 1-6 wagons £3 over 6 free to UK only

Overseas at cost.

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

I'm trying to pre-order a couple (one of each Railfreight) and the paypal site is adding £3 p&p per wagon. It only keeps the postage at £3 if I order two of the same wagon.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived