The Grand Model Railway Club Exhibition 1st & 2nd of May

puddlejumper

Hi Folks

Just an early reminder that The Grand Model Railway Club have moved back to the Grand Hotel in Bishop Auckland for their 6th annual show. This year the show will be on Sunday 1st of May and Monday 2nd of May. All the usual stuff with the usual quality layouts but this year we anticipate having our own beer brewed just for the show (I guess that will be rail ale then!!!) and a barbeque. Cheap as chips at £2 for adults, £1 for kids and older people and a fiver for families. Come along and enjoy the day, beer barbie and trains.......................can life get any better??? :D :D ;) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Doug, time to flesh this out. It's been short notice but I have managed to get some good layouts to join us in our spiritual home...

Sunday 1st May 12.00-5.00 p.m.

Monday 2nd May 10.00 a.m.-4.00 p.m.

Thorne Yard (00) 1980's BR Blue DCC

Felton Lane (Goods) (00) 1950's North Eastern Region

Deepdale (EM) 1970's BR Blue DCC

Asping's Pool (P4) 1930's LNER

Croft Depot (P4) 1950's North Eastern Region

Wildale (0)

Woodhouse (0) 1950's North Eastern Region

Simon Howard DCC Guru (Demonstration)

Ted Flintoft Trees or Buildings (Demonstration)

Durham Trains of Stanley (Trade)

Plus of course quality real ale which you can drink as you enjoy the show.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been testing/evaluating the real ale... biggrin.gif

I'll be there with Felton Lane, in a more complete form than it was last year. Come and say hello.

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to seeing what you have added to an already very good layout. The list of guest ales is fantastic, might need to book a room :rolleyes: Woodhouse was moved back home last night and will be set up next Tuesday in the cellar B)

Mike

Have you been testing/evaluating the real ale... biggrin.gif

I'll be there with Felton Lane, in a more complete form than it was last year. Come and say hello.

Would I stoop to such low depths as to sample lots of real ales????

You know me too well :D :D :D

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to seeing what you have added to an already very good layout. The list of guest ales is fantastic, might need to book a room :rolleyes: Woodhouse was moved back home last night and will be set up next Tuesday in the cellar B)

Mike

Not the quickest delivery we have ever done, 17 miles took over an hour....................even longer to get back but did hit 52mph going downhill with it out of gear. I hope it was sweat running down my legs :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ooooooooooooo :O , another local show :D , I must admit I almost missed this as it does not say Bishop Auckland I only noticed a local user posted on the topic and took a look.

Sounds like a nice little show, does the club meet quite regular??

Cheers

Michael

Ooooooooooooo :O , another local show :D , I must admit I almost missed this as it does not say Bishop Auckland I only noticed a local user posted on the topic and took a look.

Sounds like a nice little show, does the club meet quite regular??

Cheers

Michael

Hello Michael. It's not so much of a club as a group of friends with common interests. Mostly beer and railways!!!

The show is small , but all the layouts are quality. There are no barriers and a friendly atmosphere, a bit like a small expo.

Mike

Hello Michael. It's not so much of a club as a group of friends with common interests. Mostly beer and railways!!!

The show is small , but all the layouts are quality. There are no barriers and a friendly atmosphere, a bit like a small expo.

Mike

I like the way you put beer before railways Mike, very Freudian for want of a better phrase :O :o ........and I fully support it :lol: :lol:

All being well should be there on Sunday. Must remember that it does not open until noon, that day.

What a civilised time to start an exhibition. Plenty of time to recover from a Saturday night. :D

Porcy

It's a fortunate happenstance. we can't get access to the room until Sunday morning because there is a band playing on Saturday night.

You can always try the hair of the dog Porcy. Plenty of good real ale on all weekend. Puddlejumper intends to be puddled all weekend!

Mike

I dont know what you mean :O :o me.....................puddled.................drinking real ale................a damned slur I say, although if the hat fits etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Getting everything for Felton Lane together for loading the car in the morning.

Tea mug found, track cleaned, loco wheels cleaned and layout dusted. Searched everywhere for the light leads, found them in the box I carry everything in...

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Getting everything for Felton Lane together for loading the car in the morning.

Tea mug found, track cleaned, loco wheels cleaned and layout dusted. Searched everywhere for the light leads, found them in the box I carry everything in...

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Should be a good one Paul. But, Tea Mug. Please, Sandra will fill it with Beer.

Mike

Archived