Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Outon Road

RBE

Hi,

For fear of hijacking your thread Cav- just as well you aint at Ayr Bruce - dont think you could handle the pressure of the competition. Only kiddin Bruce - look forward to seeing Outon Rd in the flesh and maybe gettin a wee shot.

Bill.

Hi chaps, just to let you all know that Outon Rd made the 400 mile journey to Scotland this afternoon. It has been set up and apart from a few small niggles it

is fine, it has had the network rail track recording train over it for track recording and it ran ok the stable passenger trains will be class 153,s for the meantime and freight will be the usual drs, ews , freight liner and some colas. Pictures will follow soon.

Bruce

Looking forward to the pics too, I have never seen outon with anything Ews except my 08 at shows and definatly not colas.

Really hope the layout brings you as much joy to operate and look at as it has for me since I met Cav those few years ago and thanks to Cav for allowing me to be part of his operating crew at all it's events.

It really made a difference with two prodigys and we had alot of laughs and hours of fun.

And I hope it inspires lots of people in Scotland like it has me.

Have fun Bruce and look forward to seeing more of my most favourite layout.

Cheers

Neil

Liking the fire engine very much. Nice to see Outon Road in the 2000s!

Great article Cav helped alot, caint wait to see outon rd with some modern image on Bruce looking forward to this :D! !

Cheers for that. Glad to be able to write an article on how the layout was evolved before it moved on. Im sure Bruces evolutions will be great and a new adventure for the layout.

Cav

Tase,The fire engine is an Oxford die-cast with the lights from Kytes lights, You would need to ask RBE from this parish about the phone mast as i purchased the layout from him Aeroken the DR 20's were resprayed for me by Cairns road works.

Bruce

Archived