Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Outon Road

RBE

Still waiting on yet another 57 to arrive hopefully this week in the form of the cable thieves beware livery.

Bruce

Oooooooh lovely! :) have you got the Bachmann RTR class 57 (011) as they would look great double headed (and maybe woth sound :D)

Hi Swifty no I don't have 57 011 but I do have 57 008,57 009,57 010 and 57 012 as well as 57 309. I also have 57 601 in wcrc livery.

Bruce

57 008 has sound so will the new one

I just have 57011 for DRS, 57010 freightliner... 57301, 306, 307, 315, 602, 604

Bit of a 57 buff lol

You bt me in the 57 stakes lol

I could do with more... all the drs 57/3s and more 57/0s... And 6s...

309, 307 and 312 coming over Christmas

I also have 57312 in Neverwork Fail livery. Love it, now for sound :)

312 will have sound on board as its the Virgin one but I'm going to renumber it probably, hopefully, to 57310 Kyrano, or a more appropriate model for the 2003 era Im modelling, don't know 312 would be in traffic with a dellner.

I watched your vid on you tube of the 57 and I now hate them. They have taken my fav loco the 47 and made it sound like a vacuum cleaner. Sacriledge.

Cav

There are loads of 47s... Plenty are preserved and also if they weren't overhauled and given new engines I honestly believe they would have been scrapped or rotting away in a siding.

The 57 is the only good GM and can put in a good performance when in notch 8!

Haha I was only talking in jest. You are right they would be scrapped or in preservation only if not overhauled. Still miss the sulzer engine noise!!

Having seen the pendolino drags back in 2005 there was an event when one of the thunderbirds couplings broke so they stook it into full power and shunted into platform 10 and 57307 came to rescue it and the driver (legend) stuck it onto full power and blasted on the horn (at this point nearly 20 late!) out of platform 11 of Crewe! One of my best memories

Archived