Outon Road

RBE

All the detail was carried out by RBE from this parish as he is the original owner and builder of Outon Rd, I purchased the layout in April this year and have brought it up to date by running my drs and ews stock on it as well as the other operators trains that you see in the photos.

Bruce

Hi Mason,

Thanks for the reply sorry you are missing the layout I will attempt to post more pictures just so that you don't get withdrawal symptoms as yet I don't have any show bookings yet but I am open to offers. I was meant to be going to Ayr but work commitments have prevented that.

Bruce

Here we have 66522 returning to Carlisle with the weekend spoil train to get unloaded ready for its next working

Looks like the HOBC - when it was working on our line it was half a mile long! You'd need a big layout for that!

DSCF5373%2BSmall.JPG

post-6894-084082200%201287754346_thumb.j

post-6717-0-71015900-1299487925_thumb.jp

Picture of Outon Road at Mansfield show (apologies Ian if you have a copyright on this)

As the layout isn't completely finished I thought I would start a topic in here for progress reports, I'm rubbish at blogging as I always forget to post so I'll keep my updates here for now. Anyway a little progress has been made to Outon Road which now means that she can fully run, indeed she more than did her bit at mansfield earlier this month, a fantastic first outing, but there is still plenty to do, and plenty more to add. As the mansfield pics in the exhibitions section show, the layout now has fiddle yards, a name board with light and a yard lamp! A lot more details are in the wings though. However, the modelling bug has again bitten. After running Outon Road at mansfield I now begin to wonder whether a little more Outon is warranted. I have begun to think of an extension. Another 4ft long board through the bridge to the left. This time with a gentle curve though for interest. I'm never going to be able to model the imaginery main yard, however I should be able to do the main line and a loop/siding. The question is do I go a bit silly and try to model a few sidings for operational interest or is that a bit cliche? I kinda feel that it may be more tasteful to just give the trains more breathing room and model more interesting scenery that the railway can pass through. Or do I forget it altogether and do something new? My loft layout is miles away yet and I have a need for some AC electrickery. Anyway, I won't be able to exhibit any extension for a while as the two further exhibitions booked for her this year only have her at 10ft overall and I don't have room to put her up with an extension at home! Anyway ta ta for now, I will post some plans soon, and give updates on the layouts progress. In the meantime some opinions on the directions that I'm considering would be great!

Cheers

Cav

You could do the next station down. if you leave the current layout as it is and join it onto another layout via a link board then you have a blank canvas if you like, perhaps the next station or a depot then running into the fiddle yard. if its to the same standard a Outon it'll look awesome. At my former club we had four layouts all capable of either running independently or being joined up to make one massive super-layout.

Archived