DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Hi Neil, Digi foto frame sounds like a plan, it will encourage people to look for things they may not have seen by just walking past and having a quick look. I th will also show all the hard work you have put in inside the shed and around behind the fence etc.

One thing I have for my exhib layout is an info sheet on the front listing some details to look out for, I find that people will stop for longer to look for all the hings on the list - may be worth considering?

I am impressed though, this is a great piece of modelling

Best wishes

Simon

Hi Simon and thanks for the comments and looking at my thread.

the digi frame is now on its way, i managed to pick a 5" one up for a couple of quid, just got to find the right programme to be able to do a nice job of the slideshow with an intro page and a few details as the pics go through. so im open to suggestions of programmes that are simple to use for this kinda thing.

Thanks Andy i need to take some more pics as my hardrive went bang in my laptop, so some nice fresh pics of the interior to be taken.

Only a little bit of work has been done today, firstly i had to make some repairs to the front fence as the kitten decided to jump onto the layout and sit on it which didnt go down to well.

im really annoyed as the fence just doesnt look the same so i may order a new pack and do it again.

iv also put some BR arrows on 37709 to finish it off and couldnt resist a few pictures of it and a few other locals on the shed.

post-6696-0-16178800-1321206286.jpg

post-6696-0-29891200-1321206289.jpg

post-6696-0-09988700-1321206292.jpg

post-6696-0-81193700-1321206295.jpg

post-6696-0-66674100-1321206298.jpg

post-6696-0-87526700-1321206300.jpg

really like the 3rd shot i think it defines the look i was going for with this layout, grime!!!

Cheers

Hi Neil, Like the arrows on the 37 as for the fence George used to have the same problem with his cat (see his avatar) it used to clime up into his loft and then either walk on the layout or disapear into an area where he could not get caught. Pest control or ELECTRIC FENCE next time mate. All the best Andy.

i like the idea of the electric fence Andy, that could be a winner.

Thanks Cav, i keep seeing little bits as i go along and photograph things, like the light cowlings above the depot lights, they can be improved and air con and vents for the factory and maybe a shutter door rolled up under the depot entrance and exit.

Hi Martin thanks for the comments, i didnt go to spalding, iv had a few car problems and other things to sort out and i had already spent my money on two 08s so i didnt have any money left for going to the show.

Was it any good and did you get inspired??

Hi Martin thanks for the comments, i didnt go to spalding, iv had a few car problems and other things to sort out and i had already spent my money on two 08s so i didnt have any money left for going to the show.

Was it any good and did you get inspired??

It was very busy and there were several layouts that were at Peterborough but got a few ideas and another Lima mk2 coach to add to the collection

£8 and it has passengers in!!

needs renumbering as i already have one with the same number

Edited by ess1uk

Hi Andy, i have got hold of 2 Bachmann ones, one in grey and one in blue, the grey one will be hopefully weathered this coming week, and already has a chip in it, it may need a pick up mod doing like my EWS one is having done.

The blue one will hopefully get weathered and detailed towards the end of the month.

Hi Martin, i did wonder if a few of the layouts from peterborough would be there, thats cool you picked a mk2 up though.

Cheers

Hi all.

Finally got the airbrush out and attacked the new railfreight grey 08.

I did this my usual way of mixing frame dirt, roof dirt and a spot of black in the jar and giving the whole loco a good going over.

once dry i took near enough 80% off and then used powders to smooth out the edges and add a little more lighter detail in concentrated areas.

i think its come out pretty dam well.

Apologise for the dodgy pictures, my 18mth year old son took a liking to my camera strap while it was charging and though it would look better on the floor in bits :angry: so after a few choice words and alot of faffing about i gave up on trying to fix it and got the old camera out the cupboard, so the pics are not as good as some of my previous ones, iv now got to search for another camera that will do the job of my poorly Canon G3.

post-6696-0-48207200-1321802802.jpgpost-6696-0-93708300-1321802811.jpgpost-6696-0-73836700-1321802824.jpgpost-6696-0-04436500-1321802827.jpg

Cheers

Cheers Andy,thanks for the cool comments, im just about to get some shots of it on the layout now its transfered from canon yard.

really struggling without my good camera though. to be honest i was a little worried about this one, first gronk iv done.

well i added a little more grease to the frame and rods and then put the gronk to work on deeping lane, im really pleased with how this has turned out and iv some how managed to dull down the grey too. it looked really bright when i first got it out the box is if look back at some older pics with it fresh out the paint shop.

Cant wait to get some sunshine and some outdoor shots.

Next up is a blue 08 and a dutch shark.

post-6696-0-83678300-1321814759.jpgpost-6696-0-95598700-1321814773.jpgpost-6696-0-15013900-1321814782.jpgpost-6696-0-58131300-1321814784.jpg

Cheers

i couldnt resist a play about with the image editor, this will be one for the digi photo frame that will be fitted to the fascia panel on the fiddle yard this week, question to the masses, do you think the frame should sit at an angle facing up words or flat to the fascia board, im a little unsure for ease of viewing??

post-6696-0-06963400-1321895801.jpg

cheers

• Like 2