DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Hi

Following on from yesterdays work on 08623, i finished it off by giving the chasis a light coat of frame dirt and then some touches of black and roof dirt.

im pleased with this now and just need to add the pipework to the buffer beams.

while i had the airbrush out i gave the shark brake van a light coat and then finished it off with powders, im trying to take RBE's advice and steer away from the caking it on approach and went a little more reserved on the shark.

to be honest it looks pretty good and im really happy with the rust effect on the ploughs.

Hope you like them too.

post-6696-0-71292000-1323003511.jpg

post-6696-0-25280700-1323003521.jpg

post-6696-0-68656000-1323003527.jpg

post-6696-0-82048200-1323003529.jpg

post-6696-0-13803200-1323003534.jpg

post-6696-0-31167400-1323003499.jpg

Cheers

Neil - For your Shunter "fetish" :D

post-7252-0-19306700-1323636951_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-48237700-1323636967_thumb.jpg

(York NRM)

post-7252-0-74484400-1323636980.jpg

(Preston Ribble Railway)

Took these this year (Poor quality Blackberry images) - Something really inspirational seeing these in various states of sad decay.

Ian

Excellent hi-vis BTW.

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1

Hi Richard, thanks for the comments, i knew you would like it given the mad tiny details you have packed in like coat hangers etc, iv never seen it before either, it probably has been done though.

Thanks Ian, there great shots, especially the EWS 08 with all the parts racked up at the side and tools etc,interesting observastion though is the 08 doesnt have a number it has the name LEO instead, looks different and maybe a new project to look into.

Thanks again guys

Hi All

well i thought id take some pictures today as iv finally got the points throwing perfectly everytime and the lights are all on the same circuit and working without a flicker which is superb and also im trying to get some different angles and trying different shots for things in the pipeline next year.

iv also had an application to fill out for the National festival at Peterborough next year which will be great.

I have still not got the support legs sorted though, im really struggling for some reason and cant get my head around them or the time to build them at the moment.

the layout is currently sat on 2 plastic shelf units but these are not as good as i thought the would be, so thats a big job to get that sorted out, so im open to any help i can get.

so here are a few more pics

post-6696-0-70081200-1324143146.jpg

post-6696-0-26487300-1324143149.jpg

post-6696-0-62244300-1324143151.jpg

post-6696-0-70148600-1324143153.jpg

post-6696-0-99181000-1324143155.jpg

post-6696-0-02296000-1324143158.jpg

post-6696-0-34331400-1324143160.jpg

post-6696-0-65831900-1324143162.jpg

post-6696-0-25560600-1324143165.jpg

post-6696-0-56594400-1324143167.jpg

• Like 7

Cheers mate the lights are working better than ever now, and yeah the stock is very much at home, a few more additions needed but they will be here before Mansfield.

Im really looking forward to Mansfield, i always do, but i thnik more so this time because i have a solid reliable layout and some stuff im really proud of, just gotta get those dam legs sorted out thats all im worried about.

really looking forward to seeing Outon in its new form too, its definatly going to be a great show.

• RMweb Gold

Looking very good Neil. Everything looks all blended nicely and the weathering on the locos and Shark is great.

You've certainly mastered your camera now!

I guess that the legs will need to be easily stored at home - or are you going to use these at home as well? This could affect what you do. Several people use ready-made trestles which might suit your needs better, plus you can use them for other layouts?

Hi Cav - is that the new name for the layou then BIG Outon Road??

Hi Richard, i did get your PM but not had much time to reply yet, im really getting to grips with the camera although the this is the 2nd Canon g3 iv had in so many months as my boy decided it looked better in pieces, but got another G3 because i like how they look and work and the results i get.

the shark is great but i need to get the pipes from somewhere, maybe a scratch build job.

I have looked at the fold up plastic trestles and i really am tempted but they are a little low and will only put the lyout about 850mm off the floor, a was looking at having it about 1m t0 1200mm really.

I am just after so that i can fold up and store when not in use and not attached to the layout really, if i have to i may have to resort to the trestles.

• RMweb Gold

I've seen some people using metal trestles, with extending vertical arms, but these are obviously more expensive. I seem to remember someone mentioning that places like Lidls occasionally have these, might be worth checking out ...

There £20 each from wickes, which may sound expensive when i need 3 of them but the way i look at it is that i wont have to by anymore or build anymore for the next how ever so many projects i build, so i think it will be £60 in total well spent mate.

They look pretty good actually. I just looked. I think £20 is probably a good price and may be worth looking at as the fiddle yard supports for Outon Road. Id need 3 for that and as you say can be used for future projects. In fact would be perfect for my next project which you know about!!

Cav

Yeah definatly, and they fold up nicely for transport, which is really essential, especially the space i have and i think once deeping has been out next year it will be left packed for the new project to begin, which you know about too haha that will use 2 legs to support.

Its also good that there adjustable in height too, this has been my main issue really and is one of the reasons iv decided that the price balances this nicely.

Little update, i have finally got the points throwing consistantly now without having to add a CDU, i didnt realise i was using 12v power supply and have now replaced it with a 16v and they throw lovely now.

The now redundant 12v supply has been used to power all the lighting which makes a hell of a differance when all the lighting works well. I will have to add a switch to the circuit to make it easier to turn them on and off.

There are a few little details i want to add, mainly to the car park at the front, probably some folks having a chat or something, and maybe a lampost at the far right corner.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all, well after a little christmas break i decided to do a little work on the layout.

The trestle legs from wickes are now under the layout and really work well and the height is perfect.

Chris56057 came over yesterday for a little running session on Deeping, Chris will be helping me out at a few shows over 2012 and i have just aquired to 60s to join the deeping fleet.

I have given them a little weathering, but i may take it back a little more, 60s dont seem to get that filthy, and i have tried to work to the pics i have the best i can. 60007 still needs some buffers that are in the post and they both need some buffer beam detail adding, but im pretty happy with what iv done so far.

I will endeavour to post some pics as soon as the site lets me.

Cheers

Neil

Do like a LOADHAUL 60 - such a striking livery as ever - looks well Neil.

Tried to upload images for WNXX but RM still all to cock in that department.

Pencilled in Mansfield for March all being well - want another operator? ;) Stafford - Kendal marked and maybe the Glasgow SECC as my lad wants a trip out on a Pendo.

MPD images look excellent from the 17th.

Ian

Hi ian I do like the load haul too I may have to pick up another one in triple grey , I have had trouble too with loading pics to the thread so used the gallery for now. Your more than welcome to come and operate at Mansfield, Chris is with me too but I'm more than happy for you to come and have a play mate, bring some of that great stock too ha ha