DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Thanks Mudmagnet, yeah its slowly getting there and coming to life, just need to get the right people to populate it and there is an area at the rear of the depot that looks a little bare

post-6696-0-38621700-1308140455_thumb.jpg

so im in the process of finding or scratchbuilding a kinda rectangular storage tank on a brick plinth with some one draining oil or something, maybe a grill on the floor just to give that back area some life.

and the car park needs to have a bit of something going on, not sure what yet

post-6696-0-98631600-1308140837_thumb.jpg

it maybe just a case of a few cars and a couple of people

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Looking good Neil, really coming along,

I wouldn't go crazy with the detailing though, sometimes less is more. I quite like the rear of the shed with not a lot there. If anything just chuck a couple of pallets out there or lean one or too things against the depot wall . Real working depots aren't knee deep in rubbish!

Cav

Thanks Cav, yeah i think your right, just a couple of pallets and a pallet with some drums on it should do, and its pretty tight round the back of there and another kinda structure will just crowd it out to much, how do i know this?? because i just spent an hour scratchbuilding a storage tank and as good as it looks it just dont fit, think that will have to be added to the next project unsure.gif

think its just a matter of a few people dotted around and some cars that can be placed around the car park, and thanks to Cav i have a plan for the people and carslaugh.gif

looking forward to members day mate

Cheers

Neil

great response for you at DEMU mate, and very well deserved too, She will run ok, i just need a crash course on the prodigy laugh1.gif, my friend chris is coming too (chris56057) definatly bring the 09 and pretty much all i have, the 09,20,47,56 are all chipped and ready and will bring the 33 and 08 which needs a hard wire job, and chris might bring some 37's and 60's, ill ask him next week, if thats ok??

put a little lamp in the door on the 09 which looks pretty cool

you got any new additions for the day yet??

Neil

Haha I dont think there'll be much time for weathering. I have a couple of additions but nothing major, Hopefully I can lend a couple of sound locos to play with too.

Hi all, iv decided that the detailing has ended laugh1.gif, well apart from a few figures, and a car.

attached are a few shots of the last details that have been added, mainly behind the shed with a few pallets and oil drums and a few pallets down the side on the factory.

also iv added some shots of the fiddle yard, all 1 track of it but its something iv never commented on so i thought i would describe it for you, the fiddle yard was kinda thrown together but it works well for my needs, on;y 1 track but can hold enough, the rest of the space is for stock and eventually hold the programming track for the dynamis, once iv got my head around how to sort the programming track out etc.

also on the fiddle board is the point control, if your a veteran of the Deeping Lane saga then you will know my failings with points and point motors, well when i finally cracked the wiring i wasnt sure how control them, then a visit in my local Garden Railway shop found me looking at the peco point levers and console, after speaking to the shop owner i was convinced this would work, and they have, very simple and very tidy when finished, just a small trackplan to be made behind it.

post-6696-0-12439300-1308333637_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-34402200-1308333617_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-49129100-1308333592_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-36577300-1308333566_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-60020700-1308333544_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-74214800-1308333520_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-25754600-1308333500_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-69105000-1308333481_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Neil

• Like 2

Looking good. Like it a lot. :pleasantry: The single track fiddle yard could prove problematic tho. Had the same thing on Duke Street and found, if operating on your own, that it soon becomes 'full' and all movements cease until you've removed stock.

Alan

Thanks Alan, gutted to hear you sold Duke Street, i would have loved to have had that, some of the inspiration came from that layout when we were at mansfield and my chat with you and then with Cav turned me onto dcc so cheers mate, hope its gone to a good home and we will get the chance to see it again

are you doing mansfield next year??

Cheers

Neil

Cool, hopefully see you there, i should have this finished and stocked up by then and got my head around the dynamis laugh1.gif

have you started a thread for the 0 gauge??

Neil

A little update, my white XR3i turned up today, just needs a little tone down and then i have to decide were to place it on the layout, or if to leave it loose and do it randomly at events.

Neil

Just a little update today, finally had a play about with the XR3i and gave it a little weathering and tried a few placements on the layout

post-6696-0-06069900-1308495839_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-98233300-1308495851_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-59836600-1308495870_thumb.jpg

let me know what you think

Cheers

neil

• Like 1