DEEPING LANE DEPOT

mason

Thank you Heinz, and thank you for taking the time to read the thread and make a comment, just had a read through your ilkeston road website and thats a nice looking layout you are constructing and the website is nicely laid out through the construction stages and even used the link for anyrail for my future projects laugh1.gif

Cheers

Neil

Hi all, not much to update on really, still in the process of buying stock, so i had a little running session and out came the camera again, really need to get this outside though and get some natural light on it, but some have come out well

post-6696-0-97811400-1308673040_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-33928600-1308673053_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-38784600-1308673065_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-91344000-1308673077_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-42218000-1308673089_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-68348700-1308673101_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-25308500-1308673124_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-75366800-1308673112_thumb.jpg

Cheers

neil

• Like 1

Yeah i know mate, i really need to buy a better camera and a tripod, then i mate take a repeat pic without the coupling laugh1.gif, the weathering looks amazing though dont it??

Neil

The weathering looks top notch mate. I wonder who did that? A good camera makes a load of difference mate. I got a digital SLR especially to take model shots! I havent had it out for a while though.

Cav

yeah i wonder who did it ( RBE )laugh1.gif

hopefully the rest will be added to compliment it,.

I might see if i can stretch to a new one this year, my friend chris ( chris56057) has a good camera setup so i might get him to come and take a few, im sure he will take plenty of Outon Road at members day, be good seeing the 09 on there inbetween all that nice detail.

Neil

Yeah cool. Will have to see whether your stock will go through my trackwork though as the points are built to 1mm flangeways which widens the back to back a smidge. Some rtr goes through fine but others bind. Easy fix on most stuff. Not so on steamers and shunters with their quartered wheels. We'll have to have a play on the day.

Cav

Good pics Neil, lots of atmosphere. When I use my phone or point and shoot camera I always use the the timer setting. Stops the movement when you press the button and helps stop the blur especially with low light and no flash.

Guy

Thanks Grimley, i have a soft spot for 20's i have 2 others but need chipping and i think a few more will come along and a few grids too, id like a couple of coal sector ones i think laugh1.gif im really impressed with how the XR is,once its weathered, i got the XR as it took me back to my youth as i had one for my first car, was in burgundy thoughyes.gif

Hi Guy, thanks for the tips, ill give that a try, i do have a point and shoot camera, im in the process of getting a SLR so that might make things easier.

Cheers

neil

cheers mate, been signed off for another 6 weeks so any time you want chris, bring ya camera and some more stock and we will get the layout in the garden if the weather is good and get some shots, i cant stop taking shots of the 09, i really need to get the 08 hardwired because that looks amazing too.

Neil

Hi all, i had a little time on my hands today and decided to give the rubbish undernaeth the layout a tidy up, which unearthed a little packet of a shire scenes etch skip, think i must have ordered it a while a go and forgot all about it, anyway i thought it would look pretty good behind the depot, easy to make and i couldnt really leave it empty!!

for the waste inside i used a couple of pallets, some wripped up tissue and some little bits of evergreen pipe and randomly snipped and twisted etch that the skip came on, i covered the inside walls and bottom with copydex and threw everything in there, while this was drying a gave it a few dry brush coats of black and brown, as that was drying i scrapped some different colours of the tamiya weathering powders with a knife onto the paint and glue, sounds very random and believe me it was but i think the results came out pretty good, see what you think??

post-6696-0-80114900-1308941380_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-03914000-1308941392_thumb.jpg

post-6696-0-02083800-1308941403_thumb.jpg

I was really surprised with how it came out for the 20 mins off making a mess had achieved, the skip is now in place on the layout

Neil

• Like 3

Thanks Daz, i think it was 20 mins well spent, and £3 from what the packet said laugh1.gif

You never know i might get a NSE 47 on here 1 day that would be nicelaugh.gif

I also forgot on the update i have fitted 3 yard levers at the points and a request from my 9 year old daughter, "I WANT SOME CATS DADDY", so iv got some cats for her to position in a few spots, once iv painted them to specific colours, kids ay!!

And on the stock front, a vitrains 3tg mainline 37 is on its way from hattons, it will be seen briefly before being weathered and having the glazing done as per RBE's on his workbench.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Richard, thanks mate, im really happy with how they have come out, especially as it wasnt planned and i kinda just thrown anything to hand in there, really happy with how the shaving the tamiya powders worked, something i can use on other things.

Cheers

Neil

Hi all, not much of a update but the workman and staff have arrived at Deeping Lane this weekend, no pictures yet, there all on there early morning bacon butty and tea break, so once they get going i will take a few shots.laugh1.gif

Neil

Hi all, not much of a update but the workman and staff have arrived at Deeping Lane this weekend, no pictures yet, there all on there early morning bacon butty and tea break, so once they get going i will take a few shots.laugh1.gif

Neil

Hi Neil,

Look forward to the pictures later, its surprising how a few workers dotted around can bring the place to life B)

Thanks for making me hungry, I am off with them to get a butty in :yes:

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Daz and thanks, i think the layout will have a bit more charecter once there in and working, does add a little something else, just got to figure out what kinda little cameo scenes to do now, think i will ponder that over a cuppa and a bacon butty toolaugh1.gif

Neil

Cool, what swap is that for then?? i can sort a decoder out mate no problem laugh1.gif, hopefully the new camera will turn up soon and we can get some good shots of the multitude of locos that are coming through Deeping Lane soon

Neil