Hurst Models

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Has anyone purchased any bits or indeed anything from Hurst Models of late?

I only ask as I was hoping to acquire their Class 442 conversion parts yet they seem to have been out of stock for months (if not years) their website requests you do not e-mail them with inquiries regarding OOS stock availability (Very helpful!!) and indeed their site seems to not have been updated at all in the last six months.

Furthermore their exhibition appearances and the major shows seems to have dried up to near nothing.

If it looks likely there will be no chance of acquiring the 442 parts (in particular it is the cab fronts I am after, the rest I can probably scratch build and cut 'n shut) it would be nice to know as then I can explore alternatives.

On the other hand if anyone has a spare pair of 442 cab ends knocking about then I am in the market for them!!

Hi John,

I ordered a set of the MBLS overlays and MBLS Undeframe boxes ( the only Items in stock ) and recieved them about a month later, They sent the U/F boxes seperately, so not to damage the Overlays I assume.

I too am looking for the other parts, especially the Cabs and Motor bogies .

I have a reasonable pair of Colin Massinghams ends and Managed to get the Trailer bogies from JSW of this parrish ;) .

So I too would like to hear from anyone with the Cabs and/or the Motor bogie sideframes going spare .. or even a half started conversion that isn't going anywhere :blink: .

Mike

• RMweb Premium

For info - Andy (Hurst) has a day job, and a family

Well that's fair enough. The problem doing a 442 is those cabs really are not scratch buildable!! Ah well, the wait will continue...

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

hi how do you know about andy because i really need to ask him a question so can you please give me his tel number or a way of contacting him

please reply

ray

Replied to PM but for others info I don't have Andys phone number, I know him through a mutual friend, I've shared beers and food - and laughs but I don't chat to him regularly.

hi how do you know about andy because i really need to ask him a question so can you please give me his tel number or a way of contacting him

please reply

ray

Hi Ray,

I am a bit concerned by some of the insistent tones within your messages that I have seen today.

Hurst models website has the prescribed methods for contact as shown below: http://www.shop.hurs...tact-us-2-w.asp

How To Contact Us

Write to us:

Hurst Models

PO Box 158

Newton Le Willows

WA12 0WW

England

Fax us:

0872 115 0262

or

+44 872 115 0262

E-mail:

Click here to send an e-mail. Please make sure you include a title on your e-mail and specify the scale.

If you have any questions or queries on the site or on the products we supply, please visit the FAQ section above. You will find the most common asked questions here.

Although we have an e-mail facility this is not for general advice about model railways so please do not be surprised if you do not get a reply. This is not being discourteous but merely being practical about the growing number of non-product/sales e-mails we are now receiving.

Please note the comment highlighted in red (by me).

Phone contact is sometimes not available for businesses where it is not a full-time role.

I ordered some bits from Hurst on Wednesday afternoon, dispatched friday morning, arrived this morning. Excellent service.

The only major downside is that most of what I went to order is out of stock - of the 10 or so items I was looking for only 2 were in stock (and 1 of them I bought the entire stock - 4 packs of commonwealth bogie subframes :unsure: )

There are many of hurst's products that are very good and I could use a lot of (particularly the class 156 detailing bits and B4/commonwealth bogie frames) which makes it a shame that so many of them have been out of stock for some time and there is little sign of restocking occurring.

However, if the item is available, the service is very good :clapping:

Andy B)

• 4 months later...

Anyone aware of any delays with Hurst at the moment? Just want to check before sending another e-mail.

Placed an order 22nd October with the money taken the same day, received the usual processing e-mail. However, haven't received the items or any further communication - or a reply to the enquiry e-mail I sent on the 26th of November. Have had excellent service in the past so this has come as something of a disappointment. Naturally I'm aware that it's a cottage business etc. - but I've been left out of pocket for well over a month now with no sign of the product or any further communication. Fax is not an option and a letter seems an unecessary inconvenience when the order confirmation advises you to contact via e-mail.

EDIT - e-mail just came through, order dispatched today with an apology for the delay without any further contact from me.

Archived