Rail express April 2011

Dan Griffin

good issue, news on wabtec's purchase of brush, feature on stratford DRS, and all the usual stuff, preservation ect. modelling section with news on bachmanns plans. generally a good issue, comes with a free mini mag, the start of a new partwork on famous modern classes, first one is about the EMD SD40-2's. no indication of the next one, and this is a freeby as the cover price hasnt gone up.

• RMweb Premium

Also enjoyed the SD40-2 supplement. I don't model US railways but this was a very interesting piece. never knew there was something called Pan American Railways until I saw it pictured here. More like this please . How about a DB 103 Electric next?

• RMweb Gold

i bought this months copy digitally to view on my ipad, wasn't convinced at first but its actually quite good (and cheaper), no supplement though, dont know if i'll get it that way again as the paper mag is handy to put in my bag and get out during breaks or while waiting for the off etc, the ipad isn't quite so inconspiquous!!

I am really pleased that this mag in my opinion is on the up, April is another first class issue, keep up the good work,but what happened to the monthly speedlink wagon articles so far we have only had the one, have they decided to drop it...?

Regards

I am really pleased that this mag in my opinion is on the up, April is another first class issue, keep up the good work,but what happened to the monthly speedlink wagon articles so far we have only had the one, have they decided to drop it...?

Regards

There have been two. The article on the VGAs in the January and then "Miscellaneous Chemicals" in March. So far, it's been one month on, one month off: I'll be happy with that, if they keep it up.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

There have been two. The article on the VGAs in the January and then "Miscellaneous Chemicals" in March. So far, it's been one month on, one month off: I'll be happy with that, if they keep it up.

Jim

One month on, one month off is the plan.

David R

Archived