Eileen's Emporium

ozzyo

Hello All,

I bought a 100 pack of 0.8mm Nickel silver wire last year (about June or July) and when I came to use it it was soft. When I say soft I mean that it would bend and not spring back.

I phoned then up and described my problem, and was asked to send it back. Not a problem.

Sent it back and got a full pack of N/S wire back. That was up to the job.

It turned out that the wire had not been drawn correctly.

Full marks to Eileen's for sorting this out.

OzzyO.

PS. lets give people credit when it's due.

I'm glad for you. I sent off an order, asked for the full price as they won't put the shipping costs on the web page, so I could actualy pay them, and never heard from them. One sale lost.

Rubbish. The web site is very clear and the relevant bit is quoted below.

POST AND PACKING

All goods are normally send by first class post, letter or airmail small packet rate. All shipments over 2kg will be by courier.

UK Post and Packing will be charged at £2.50 up to 500g, and £1.00 per additional 250g. All orders over 2kg will be sent by courier at a cost of £10.00 (please ask for quote for Highland and Island and Northern Ireland).

EU Post and Packing will be charged at £4.00 up to 500g, and £2.00 per additional 250g. Please ask for quote for orders over 2kg.

Rest of World Post and Packing will be charged at £3.50 up to 250g, and £2.50 per additional 250g. Please ask for quote for orders over 2kg.

Items marked (XP) are heavy and are likely to require extra postage cost.

Only minimum Post and Packing will be show on the web order and the final cost will be added to the invoice.

All Post and Packing prices include VAT where applicable.

And just how was I to know the weight of what I ordered pray tell?

I also wanted to know the details for me to pay by BACS to save them banking a cheque or incuring card charges.

For that I get no reply. So they didn't get to sell me anything.

I also wanted to know the details for me to pay by BACS to save them banking a cheque or incuring card charges.

Well you could try common sense before libelling an honest trader.

To use BACS (or am I thinking of IBAN or SWIFTBIC) IIRC you have to be out of this country. So we are to assume that your in some other country. So your shipping costs would be different anyway. I'm not sure if Eileen's take Pay Pal. When I order stuff from America I just go ahead with the order and the shipping is adjusted accordingly. I normally get an Email asking if I want to carry on. Which I'm sure Eileen's would have done.

No connection just a happy customer

OzzyO.

I've also had excellent service from Derek at Eileen's. I ordered an air compressor and I didn't know where I was going to be on a particular date to receive and sign for it but with a series of kind emails, he managed to sort a solution. A genuine bloke, I'd say!

To use BACS (or am I thinking of IBAN or SWIFTBIC) IIRC you have to be out of this country. So we are to assume that your in some other country. So your shipping costs would be different anyway. I'm not sure if Eileen's take Pay Pal. When I order stuff from America I just go ahead with the order and the shipping is adjusted accordingly. I normally get an Email asking if I want to carry on. Which I'm sure Eileen's would have done.

No connection just a happy customer

OzzyO.

BACS is for bank-to-bank transfers within the UK- it's normally used for payments between organisations, or for payments from organisations to individual. IBAN is for international transfers, and does incur quite appreciable charges for both parties, though one party can agree to incur both sets of charges.

BACS is for bank-to-bank transfers within the UK- it's normally used for payments between organisations, or for payments from organisations to individual. IBAN is for international transfers, and does incur quite appreciable charges for both parties, though one party can agree to incur both sets of charges.

Thanks for the clear up on that one. So BACS would normally be for large amount then? With both parties knowing the others bank details. EG. like a direct transfer from one bank to a personal account.

OzzyO.

A message on Eileen's front page might be a clue as to why Derek (who has always responded to my emails and sent orders very promptly) hasn't replied:

Due to a family bereavement our services will disrupted for a short while. Please bear with us and we will deal with all orders as soon as we can.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear about Derek's family bereavement.

I have had 100% good excellent service from Derek and his team each time I've done business with them. I even paid them a visit at their Gloucestershire warehouse one weekday afternoon, as I was in the area. I had phoned ahead and despite them being busy getting ready for a show that weekend, Derek gave me and my friend his full attention and ensured that all our needs were met. We left feeling very satisfied with his service.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad for you. I sent off an order, asked for the full price as they won't put the shipping costs on the web page, so I could actualy pay them, and never heard from them. One sale lost.

I have just picked up on this thread. Thanks to those who give me their support. I am not conscious of any unanswered enquiries. I have been accused of this a couple of times over the last year, but each time one of the following has occured:

Emails have been sent to Rogers old address eileens-emporium.co.uk, now sales@eileensemporium.com

Snail Mail sent to Rogers London Address, not the Gloucestershire one.

I have replied and the customers spam trap has eaten it.

We diverted email and snail mail for over a year and advertised the new information heavily, also spent a fortune sending a letter to every customer who ordered in the last year before I took over (except for the few for which Roger had email addresses)..

Another cause of loss of communication is that I have a surprising number of customers who fail to spell their email addresses correctly on web orders, frequently the same ones who do not put a telephone number and get their card information wrong, so all may attempts at contacting them fail. The only reason I ask for a phone number is so as I can contact them in case of problems, I do not, and never will, sell this information of indeed release any of my data to any third party.

The normal procedure for cheques and bank transfers is that I will send a pro-forma invoice with final figures and payment information on.

I would love to put shipping costs onto the website, but I do not have the time to weigh over 3000 items. I used to charge as a percentage of cost but this often gives a very unrealistic shipping cost, so I changed it to weight bands which is fairer on all.

Back to the original problem, sorry you did not get a response. I would like to know when this was sent and using what media.

Derek Russan

• RMweb Gold

Just to add my vote of support to Derek and all the crew at Eileen's.

Top products, top website, no MOC, often to be found at shows, resonable p&p, fast delivery.

What's not to like?

Sorry to hear of your berevement Derek, I for one can wait a few days extra whilst you sort things.

Thanks for the clear up on that one. So BACS would normally be for large amount then? With both parties knowing the others bank details. EG. like a direct transfer from one bank to a personal account.

OzzyO.

It can be used for any amount large or small and is free. My salary is paid into one account and I then transfer it to another at another bank. It takes two hours. Both accounts need to have been set up for Internet Banking though. You can also do it using telephone banking but of course you need to be registered for that as well.

E Bay have been violently resisting it as they own PayPal which charges to do the same thing although the convenience factor for both buyer and seller is quite high.

Of the two banks mentioned above, one phones me on my mobile to confirm the transfer ( automated ) and one uses a random number generator which I have to enter on screen.

I'd like to champion Eileens' customer service as well. I bought an airbrush cleaning pot from them at Watford Finescale, but didn't get it out of the box until last week. When I did I found the glass jar to be cracked. I had no idea where the receipt was, but took it with me to Ally Pally on Sunday and had it exchanged without quibble.

Well I think that we are back to post #1. A good and helpful company to deal with that WILL help the customer when they can.

OzzyO.

Yes indeed I think we are. I also would like to than Derek for his (under the circumstances) well reasoned response to what can best be described as a knee jerk reaction by one poster. Perhaps meil would be good enough to offer a response to Derek's post after checking which address he sent his email to.

Mistakes do happen and none of us are perfect but I do think that this thread illustrates why Andy has included the below in the Rules.

2. Please do not post unsubstantiated or inaccurate criticism of any individual or organisation. Any criticism should be presented in the same manner as would be appropriate for a face to face conversation

Once again thank you all for your support. We do not always get things right, but do try to resolve them when we fail.

For those of an appropriate persuasion, please say a prayer for my wife's father Walter who will be burried this afternoon.

Accordingly we are closed until Monday when things should rapidly return to normal.

Derek & Anita

• RMweb Premium

Once again thank you all for your support. We do not always get things right, but do try to resolve them when we fail.

For those of an appropriate persuasion, please say a prayer for my wife's father Walter who will be burried this afternoon.

Accordingly we are closed until Monday when things should rapidly return to normal.

Derek & Anita

As requested. As time moves on I do hope that Anita can remember the best things from her dad's life.

God bless you both and I look forward to trading with you in the future.

Sincerely, Phil R @ 36E

Guest Max Stafford

My condolences to you both. Little more I can say here on the OP, but any time I have ordered, the service and communication have been faultless, so thanks again, Derek and Anita.

Dave.

Archived