Royal Wedding Commemorative Model

Gdaysydney

• RMweb Gold

Presumably it will be followed by a Hornby rendering of an iron ore tippler in bright pink with a load of scale bunting at the 'special price of only' £20.11 (because it will be the best way of them clearing stocks of their new over-priced wagon), next year they'll be doing an 'Olympic Special' BR Standard brakevan (for the same reason)wink.gif

• RMweb Premium

I can't decide if this is genuine royal wedding tat or if there is a republican stronghold in Devon and this is mocking the usual toadying crap.

I'd stick with the former if I were you, Paul. The cognitive dissonance resulting from trying to believe that someone at Peco has a sense of humour would keep a therapist busy for years.

I think I'll avoid that, its a particularly disgusting shade of purple even if you redecal it for something more interesting. Still probably more tactful than a special edition Noch 'lovers and bed' set ;)

Now A Fawkes & Co. gunpowder van would be more interesting, or perhaps some "Prince of Wales, my .....' graffiti for Welsh layouts.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but there's nothing about this on the peco-uk.com website.:unsure:

Is someone having a very clever joke?

This may be the second oxymoron involving Peco this month - I saw a headline about Peco and an innovation in reports of the Germany model trade show, now humour from Beer?

Whatever next? 00 scale track?

Or might they re-issue the Jubilee for 60th anniversary of HM's enthronement?

I really must take the tablets and lay down again!

Richard

Archived