Royal Wedding Commemorative Model

Gdaysydney

• RMweb Premium

I don't want to spoil the fun, but there's nothing about this on the peco-uk.com website.:unsure:

That's what I first thought but Darren1 has seen one in the plastic. The Peco website has never been the most upto date one around.

Yep it's real ,saw it in my local model railway shop the other dayblink.gif

Don't see what the problem is, if they can get DB Schenker to repaint a real CDA in this livery then jobs a good-un... ;)

Could always stick it in the Royal TRain too as they operate it :).

Is there a cash prize offered somewhere for the worse wedding tat? I thought the tea towers and coin were bad enough but Peco have done very well here! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I simply cannot believe some of the tat that companies are foisting on the general public, in order to make a few bucks. The occasion should be treated with the solemnity and dignity it demands.

Oh, by the way, I've updated the Electra Railway Graphics Website with some new product information.

ERG latest

biggrin.gif

I simply cannot believe some of the tat that companies are foisting on the general public, in order to make a few bucks. The occasion should be treated with the solemnity and dignity it demands.

Oh, by the way, I've updated the Electra Railway Graphics Website with some new product information.

ERG latest

biggrin.gif

Excellent product, guaranteed to sell out !

However....Wouldn't it have been better to produce a separate Class 153 for each of the happy couple, which could then be ceremonially coupled together simultaneously with the wedding itself ? (or should the coupling be left until later, to coincide with the honeymoon ?)

Either way, with this, and a Royal HAA, a Royal Wedding-themed layout is a possibility.

PS Re the Peco wagon; I don't recall either of the Royal couple ever having expressed any affinity whatsoever with the rail industry, so why did Peco feel they had to grovel to them in this way, unless to use up huge stocks of unsold wagons ?

ERG latest

biggrin.gif

Just wait untill all the model railway mags do a review on it and tell us what a nice model it is and worthy of a place in our collections.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

However....Wouldn't it have been better to produce a separate Class 153 for each of the happy couple, which could then be ceremonially coupled together simultaneously with the wedding itself ? (or should the coupling be left until later, to coincide with the honeymoon ?)

Coupling? Were you contemplating a buckeye, a three-link, or just a good old-fashioned screw?

Now Hornby (via their Corgi brand) has climbed onto the bandwagon.

Anyone for a Royal Wedding Mini, Model T Van and Bus?

Whenever I see minis, model Ts and buses, I think of the happy couple! Don't you?

This is getting unbelievable ! The 3 Corgi models are not even all to the same scale, do not have any relationship to each other, nor any relationship to either of the happy couple. Did someone in Corgi get challenged to out-grovel Peco for a bet ?

Guest dilbert

Now Hornby (via their Corgi brand) has climbed onto the bandwagon.

Anyone for a Royal Wedding Mini, Model T Van and Bus?

Climbing ?!?!? More like a vertiginous descent into the nether regions of tatland. Who buys crap like this ? What happens with a royal divorce - do you smash those delicate pieces of bone china rubbish bought a few years previously and reinvest in new mugs ?... dilbert

I've still got my 1981 Corgi Royal Wedding Purple Mini Metro somewhere...

Suddenly my 153 is looking almost tasteful blink.gif

Yep, I remember that one...:blink:

http://www.uniquecollections.co.uk/images/items27280.jpg

IIRC Di was famously a Metro owner before the wedding (though granted, hers wasn't purple with Prince of Wales Feathers painted on the doors...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nik81/5257928219/

so at least Corgi's effort was slightly more appropriate than Peco's (in saying that, I'm presuming that neither William or Kate have got a previously little-known interest in HAAs...:lol: )

[ Diecast Collector mode=]To be honest, I'm surprised that Corgi haven't knocked out their 1902 State Landau model again (first released for the Silver Jubilee in 1977 IIRC), as I'm sure I've heard something on BBC breakfast news recently mentioning that it's one of the vehicles intended to be used at the wedding..

I'd have thought a model of something with an actual connection to the event might have potentially been a better seller to collectors of Royal Wedding Tat than a set of random Model Ts, Minis and buses... http://www.coolcollectabletoys.co.uk/Picture3969(Small).jpg

[/Diecast Collector mode]

• RMweb Gold

What happens with a royal divorce - do you smash those delicate pieces of bone china rubbish bought a few years previously and reinvest in new mugs ?... dilbert

No, no! You squirrel it away, and your great-grandchildren flog it on 22nd Century ebay for loadsadosh. Think Edward VIII memorabilia.

EDIT - But of course, many divorces are preceded by smashed china (and lots of tiffs) so I'm told!

Archived