BR Mk1 FO in 00

mardle

Now that's interesting! I hadn't realised it's available in n. In which case highly likely. I too could do with some and a BSO. The alternates would be to reside Bachmann 00 with comet or southern pride sides. Time consuming but not impossible.

The N guage is definitely a standard mk1 FO.

Hopeffully then.

We will just have to keep our fingers crossed for 2012 regarding a 00 scale version.

As I myself could do with some 'Rasberry Ripple' versions, I was too late in the day to find any more than one of the Replica models.

There does seem to be a lot of cross movement of 00 models to N gauge (std 5, A1, Std3, J39 etc.) but as yet I cannot think of anything announced in N gauge that has since become a 00 model - hopefully this coach may be the first. Still hoping for Bachmann to announce a 00 class 14 teddy bear.

...Still hoping for Bachmann to announce a 00 class 14 teddy bear.

You and me both as my budget does not run to the three figure sum for the Heljan one. I got the impression that an OO version was planned along with the N one, but the Heljan/Hattons version made them decide to drop it as I guess they were worried that the market wouldn't support two versions of this class.

There are a few wagons in the N range that I wouldn't mind seeing make it through the enlarger-o-tron into OO.

• 6 years later...

As far as I can tell it is the earliest batch of FOs, basically the same as the RFOs but with a different roof arrangement (rain strips???).

I'm not getting excited... doesn't work in a modern railtour set.

You and me both as my budget does not run to the three figure sum for the Heljan one. I got the impression that an OO version was planned along with the N one, but the Heljan/Hattons version made them decide to drop it as I guess they were worried that the market wouldn't support two versions of this class.

There are a few wagons in the N range that I wouldn't mind seeing make it through the enlarger-o-tron into OO.

The current list price of a Bachmann class 08 is £109.95 so I'm afraid if they do make a class 14 now it will be priced in 3 figures....

The current list price of a Bachmann class 08 is £109.95 so I'm afraid if they do make a class 14 now it will be priced in 3 figures....

I posted that some years ago when three figure sums for locomotives were still unusual. I do own a class 14 in Loadhaul livery, and have done since I bought it new from Hattons. Budgets and expectations change over the years; it's been a while since I was buying Bachmann 08s for prices somewhere in the £30s, and the last one I bought I think I paid nearly £90 which would have been an unthinkable price back when I bought my first in around 2001.

Archived