Menasha WI

Bagpuss

• RMweb Premium

Menasha is a favourite layout, and very inspirational. And available at a bargain price! Lack of storage space is the only thing stopping me from purchasing.

Good luck on its final day.

Jon

As opposed to a lack of cash for me

Hell, if someone local to me has the space and is interested in forming a new crew for the layout, I don't mind chipping in on the purchasing price.

Given a couple of months I could actually afford to purchase the layout on my own, if not for 2 things...

1. Lack of space to run it.

2. I am happily married and would prefer to stay that way.

Nice to meet the crew of Menasha at Wakefield, thank you for letting me switch the paper mill, the luck of the Irish prevailed again and I didn't make any real mistakes on the switching moves!

Unlike when I was switching Roundhouse and just kept making endless mistakes! Sorry Ian! :D

I took plenty of photos, I'll post them here when I've gotten the photobucket album sorted through.

Oh, and thanks for letting my CF7 have a nice run up and down the layout, it's likely to be the only run it gets for quite a while.

• RMweb Gold

I could have topped the Haribos with a large bag of white chocolate M & M's that we had withus but didtnt get round to eating at the weekend!!

Menasha is a superb layout and I would love to add it to my collection but I have too many layouts as it is.

I just hope that it goes to a good home rather than it get broken up.

Ian

If it gets to the point where no one has bought it and it is going to be broken up, I'll probably take it anyway - depending on price, of course.

Even if it means getting rid of a load of other stuff in my layout room so I can fit it in there all boxed up. It's too nice a layout to allow it to be broken up.

Have to say it was the one layout that stood out at Wakefield in my opinion, had that something different to the rest and nicely sceniced while many others have the boards almost completely covered by tracks.

It's also possibly unique in the UK as an exhibition layout portraying a flat crossing - for me that's a "signature" US track feature; it does take a heck of a lot of space to do though - only the Freemo modules have - AFAIK - managed to portray a full 90° crossing between Railroads.

• 2 months later...

The temptation is there but the budget isn't. Like Ian, it would have to move states. Menasha MT anyone? :sungum:  Lots of nice blue MRL units.

It's on eBay so why not make an offer, the track and points are worth money and the bridge is an unique item. Has good electrics and points being hand pulled are nearly bullet proof

Archived