Gresley suburbans

Downer

Propan - 2 ol on a cotton bud?

That is Iso Propyl Alcohol by the way; or whatever the h#ll its called now by the chemistry world!

They keep changing it... :scratchhead:

Edited by iak
  • Like 2

Guest Max Stafford

Just been advised that my order with them has been processed.

Brake thirds may not arrive before Christmas though, but that may allow me to finish the loco intended to haul them!

Dave.

I think some 4-compartment brakes of the diagram Hornby are doing were converted for push-pull too.

According to the LNER Society info sheets Diagram 65 = 86141, 86145, 86147 (all converted July 1949), 86072, 86134-86135, 86138 (all converted September 1949)

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification, I thought non-EEC orders got the full 20% VAT reduction.

If something costs £100 and you add vat at 20%, it adds up to £120.

If you then remove the £20 vat from that total to get back to £100, you're actually only taking off about 17% (since £20 is 17% of £120).

If you took 20% off £120 you'd have £96 left (since 20% of £120 is £24) - -so that's clearly not right!

You have not been cheated out of any cash -- it's just the way percentages work!

Paul

Edited by Fenman
  • Like 2

Fenman,

Many thanks for your math lesson, gives me a better idea of how VAT works for export.

Just thankful that VAT is deducted.

Cheers.

Andy

As long as the parcel is not intercepted by customs and they put the Vat back on :O

On another note the Gresley Suburbans look terrific behind a Kernow/Dapol BWT..

They make a great substitute for all that missing, never produced (as yet) eartly SR coaching stock... :locomotive:

According to the LNER Society info sheets Diagram 65 = 86141, 86145, 86147 (all converted July 1949), 86072, 86134-86135, 86138 (all converted September 1949)

I believe these were for the GE section. The diagrams 317/320 for Scotland (86983/4,86997 were different (see Isinglas drawing).

Alan

• RMweb Premium

As a previous poster said when Hornby get it right they are superb abd these coaches prove that. I have absolutley no need for these but I am sorely tempted by the fact they are so good, even better than the Hawksworths if that is possible? Perhaps Hornbys future is in fine coaches??

Edited by 7013

Hot off of the Uni Server...

Hello

This is an automatically generated email to tell you that Hornby Model Railways R4516 Gresley (Non Vestibuled) Suburban 3rd Class in LNER teak is now in stock and ready to purchase at http://www.ehattons.....aspx?SID=35940 for £36.00.

You have been sent this email because you requested notification at http://www.ehattons....st/advance.aspx, which lists all products we have "On Order".

The product may not have images uploaded. If not, please check again later.

Regards

:danced: 8) :danced:

Edited by iak
  • Like 2

Some EM gauge conversions appeared last night and they look very good. The ones on show were maroon, and a little gentle weathering made all the difference.

You are right. They look too clean and should be weathered. I just don't have the heart to do it yet.

Edited by MikeTrice

I can't wait to get my hands on them on the 25th...have the perfect Hornby Thompson L1 tank engines for pulling them too. Just magic.

Regarding the teak - did they survive quite far into the 1948-52 period? I was thinking a single rake of teaks, or an appropriate combination of teak and maroon, might help with my intention to recreate a little corner of Leeds.