Model Junction (Slough)

Redkiterail

Model junction

by Samuel Bennett

original page on Old RMweb

??? posted on Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Brilliant model shop for usa scene modelers, detail parts rtr locos near everything you need in ho and n, web address is http://www.modeljunction.info the staff are very friendly and make shopping a socially enjoyable experience.

map below station is just of burnham lane

707_map_1.gif

just another happy customer

Comment posted by steve1 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:17 pm

Know them very well. icon_smile.gif

Excellent service and friendly staff. They do mail order too.

steve

Comment posted by Gordon S on S on Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Regular visitor when I worked in Marlow. Good selection of US stock with knowledgeable and friendly staff. Now working from home so visits less frequent. Bank Manager and wife are very pleased..... icon_rolleyes.gif

??? posted on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:24 pm

I know the feeling

Comment posted by 5050 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:59 pm

I visited Model Junction the weekend before last and found them excellent. A cup of tea and biscuits provided and lots of stock of US and Continental stuff, some of it the 'hard to find' variety. Prices are competitive as well. Well worth the visit.

Comment posted by RedgateModels on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Just a quick note to recount the good experience I had with Model Junction on my first order with them.

I always worry when using an on-line retailer for the first time, but their service was excellent.

Order placed online Saturday afternoon (Walthers coal mine kit and a couple of big bottles of woodlands scenics), received an email at 4:30 the same day confirming shipment.

Box arrived by courier the following Wednesday. Will certainly consider using them again

http://www.modeljunction.info

Comment posted by tre pol and pen on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:25 pm

used them quite a few times now and very impressed, very quick and efficient, good prices and an easy to navigate website.

Comment posted by Barry Ten on Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:21 pm

I ordered some stuff from them last week, but they sent it to the billing address, rather than the delivery address. Didn't cause any problems (luckily someone was able to collect the goods on my behalf) but it might be worth double-checking in future if you are placing an order.

In all other respects, an excellent service for us US outline modellers - but not one that's necessarily going to do my credit card any favours...

Comment posted by ewsjo on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 pm

I used Model Junction a while back to order some Pikestuff kits. No complaints whatsoever, easy to use site, prompt delivery, good prices and postage not a rip off. Well, there is one issue. I can't remember where I put the kits now.... icon_lol.gif

cheers

jo

Comment posted by Xerces Fobe1 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 am

Stuart who runs Model Junction used to be a member of the late Slough & District MRC. I have known him for many years great guy , good shop well worth a visit.

Nigel.

Comment posted by Dan Hamblin on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am

As a result of reading this thread I had a look at the site and found it a veritable treasure trove of kits from America, which I thought I would have to order in from the States.

Received my order this morning - first class service icon_thumbsdown.gif icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Dan

Comment posted by flubrush on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:16 am

Dan Hamblin wrote:

As a result of reading this thread I had a look at the site and found it a veritable treasure trove of kits from America, which I thought I would have to order in from the States.

Received my order this morning - first class service
icon_thumbsdown.gif
icon_smile.gif

Popped in last week in person to get some N scale bits which I used in this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16431. The stock was literally shoulder high in the building - they had just received two large consignments. They knew what they were talking about and the prices are very competitive.

It's worth pre-ordering your requirements if you are visiting since it takes ages to find what you want in the shelves full of stock. The proprietors seem to have a fair idea of where everything is. icon_smile.gif

Jim.

??? posted on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Jim:

Glad you like the shop good social atomsphere in there which makes spending a day there fun and enjoyable.

From

Samuel Bennett

Comment posted by tetsudofan on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 pm

I've been a customer of Stuart and Farah for ages from the time when they were in the shop at Bourne End - made a couple trips by train - upto London, down the GWR mainline line then the enjoyable amble on the DMU to Bourne End.

Such trips not possible now as a visit to the new premises means using the car and trip round the M25 icon_evil.gif - something not to be looked forward to.....

Now everything done by mail order. Can only endorse what everyone has said - it's a great place to do business.....

Comment posted by Xerces Fobe1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Model Junction is a 10 minute walk from Burnham Bucks station so it is still doable.

Xerces Fobe

??? posted on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 pm

tetsudofan on my first post the railway station is just off the bottom left hand corner it takes around 10-15 minuties trains run 2 a hour each direction

Comment posted by tetsudofan on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks guys, just checked via the Network Rail website, and find it's doable with changes at Charing Cross and Paddington in 3 hours 14 minutes with relaxed transfer in London or 2 hours 44 minutes with a slick transfer.

As it happens spent an hour browsing the website earlier this evening and placed an order so should be getting a good-sized parcel next week icon_clap.gif

Keith

??? posted on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:06 pm

New opening hours

Thursday, Friday, Saturday

10am-4pm

Comment posted by Willy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Placed an order last Monday evening, then emailed Stewart later in the evening asking if it was possible to add an item to my order.

Got an email back within minutes saying "no problem".

My order was posted on Tuesday, and arrived here in France today Thursday.

I am very impressed and I will shop there again. icon_clap.gif

Comment posted by PhilH on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:48 pm

I took a trip there today - superbly stocked shop, such lovely people, so easy to part with money. I bought another BLI sound equipped SW7 switcher, Pennsylvania this time and some Bowser boxcars. On first glance these seem to be good, well detailed value for money kits.

What I would have liked was an MTH Erie - built triplex, 2-6-6-6-2 (I think) Stewart was testing one before despatch to a customer - sound, smoke unit, exquisite valve gear, die cast body, yours for ?‚??350 sir!

At some 60 miles from evergreen 'edge end, it makes a pleasant trip to have a look round, one which I certainly intend to repeat. A little extra was ?‚??2.50 off of next purchase for every ?‚??50 spent - every little helps.

Jon Grant has a lot to answer for!

??? posted on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Glad you to like the shop and service speaking as a fellow customer, Time for a bump of there FREE scenery seminar with Peter Marriott on the 11th at the works a 2min walk from the shop.

Comment posted by John Tanner on Mon May 26, 2008 5:04 pm

I would like to add my praise for this shop. Although a Brittish modeller, some of the building kits do not look out of place. The owner explained that he kept a few more 'British' looking kits to one side as he had a good market in people like myself going in for that purpose. Parking is easy, especially on a weekend. May they continue to flourish!!!

Comment posted by PaulRhB on Tue May 27, 2008 8:49 am

Yes excellent service they are happy to order stuff specially and always friendly. I made the trip up to their shop last year, purely to see what they had after using their mail order for a few years, and had a pleasant hour browsing and asking without ever feeling in the way. Walked out 3 new locos and a list of wants! Their website is excellent, linked into their shop computer so it shows what's actually in stock.

http://www.modeljunction.info/estore/

Comment posted by London Walker on Walker on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:16 pm

If you model American railroads or are thinking about it go and visit Model Junction. I live in East London but consider them my local shop.

They have large premises and a great set of test tracks. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The website is worth a visit because they only put things on it that are in stock -now there's a novelty. Other retailers take note.

http://www.modeljunction.info

They are registered Walthers dealers so can get anything in the Walthers catalogue.

Many modellers of British railways will already know there is much from America you can use.

They are based on the Slough trading estate. I go by train, a lovely journey from Paddington to Burnham then a 10 minute walk.

Comment posted by Dagworth on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 pm

I ordered a couple of Walther kits from Model Junction last thursday night after reading this thread, I had email from them confirming the order and also from ParcelForce where I could track the parcel on line. It arrived this morning.

Very Highly Recommended, this coming from someone who really dislikes mail order.

Andi

• 6 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Popped up by train to the shop today, only a short walk from Burnham station. Always friendly and relaxed and a hive of activity.

Walked out with another bag of wagons and the card so nearly got hammered with three tempting locos in the cabinet ;)

I can't remember when I started using MJ but sometime in the 90's and I've had nothing but praise every time whether in person or by mail.

Stuart provides the entertainment and Farah can sort out any order you wish to throw at them, all with nice pressure free chat.

I'm equally glad and sad I don't live closer, I'd be broke! ;)

Very pleasant sat in Burnham Stn waiting for the Reading train, a procession of HST's and some freight too :)

post-6968-0-58029500-1464362627_thumb.jpg

Archived