Hornby April 2011 Releases

jonathan452

• RMweb Premium

Begs the question as to how a company can make any profit at all like this?

I've commented in the past about my incredulity that Hornby doesn't seem to know what is coming by the time the newsletter appears, so I won't go there again. But based on recent months, I think we can safely expect more than just two new wagons this month. After all, we've had Tintagel Castle and the second run of Hawksworth coaches and they didn't appear in the newsletter. Don't forget Hornby is now much bigger than just UK OO - perhaps this month more of the Hornby International models are being delivered. I've noticed with Bachmann too that in the months where the list of Branchline models is ligher, the other brands tend to have longer lists. There is a finite capacity in the factories after all.

A cynical man might predict that the less that's in the newsletter, the longer the RMweb thread will bewink.gif

A "cyncial" man? Perhaps an "observant" man?

I don't understand Hornby's logic in excluding items in their 'new releases' newsletters. Neither Tintagel Castle nor the 'Rare Bird' train pack were listed as a 'new release' yet have cetainly been available in the shops. These two items are certainly more interesting than a couple of wagons.

Begs the question as to how a company can make any profit at all like this?

Probably because they also sell the following:

Airfix

Corgi

Humbrol

Hornby International

Scalextric

and numerous other brands.

Hornby is more than a model train company (unlike the others) they are a major Toy and Model Company

• 2 weeks later...

Well was it worth it? They only announced two wagons, and they failed to show anyway!!

Although as an aside the Modelzone Limited Edition East Coast HST DID make its belated apperance during April.

So tempted if there are still any left.

Archived