Sutton Coldfield 16-17 April

Northpoint

I can't find anything on this show (although I could be wrong) so I thought I would give it a bit of publicity.

I will be there with Lochnagar in it's new era: BR sectorisation.

Here's a taster:

post-6943-0-35624500-1302775578_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-64786400-1302775592_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-72256200-1302775605_thumb.jpg

Look forward to seeing you there.

I'll certainly be taking a stroll there through the country park; we're predicted a sunny weekend, so that will be the target during Saturday ;)

Thanks for the reminder - for the record, it's the usual location of Bishop Walsh School (sorry, Performing Arts College, whatever Blair's people renamed it..), Wylde Green Rd, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B76 1QT, abundant free parking PLUS nearby Newhall Valley trails and picnic area so there's scope for dog-walking or the rest of the family stretching their legs.

Nearest station, Wylde Green (20 mins walk, but it's all uphill on the way back), buses to Birmingham Road (902, 904, 915 etc) with same stiff walk back, or Walmley Village (914, 115, 71) with a slightly easier walk although still uphill!

See you there!

Guest baldrick25

A few shots from Sutton Coldfield Model Railway Society Exhibition , Saturday , 16th April 2011..

Pen-Y-Madoc

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

Netherthorpe ( Bash Street)

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

Sutton Folly

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

Harbourne

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

Poole-in-Wharfdale

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

Oak Ridge Canyon

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

Highley Unlikely

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

Alston

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

Lochnagar

DSCF0286.jpg

An excellent and friendly show with a live steam miniature traction engine , and other static steam engines in operation. Catering was excellent for a modelex- well done to all the staff. Great day out.

A few shots from Sutton Coldfield Model Railway Society Exhibition , Saturday , 16th April 2011..

An excellent and friendly show with a live steam miniature traction engine , and other static steam engines in operation. Catering was excellent for a modelex- well done to all the staff. Great day out.

Excellent pics - I particularly like the last one! :rolleyes:

As an exhibitor, a very enjoyable day. Always great to meet and chat with people.

Looking forward to tomorrow...

Excellent pics - I particularly like the last one! :rolleyes:

As an exhibitor, a very enjoyable day. Always great to meet and chat with people.

Looking forward to tomorrow...

Me too, you never mentioned anything about the period change.

Me too, you never mentioned anything about the period change.

I was leaving it as a surprise!

Mind you, I heard rumours of an engineers total possession tomorrow and buses from the station forecourt - if that's the case, we can put our feet up.....

For those interested our very own Northpoint Nick won a prize this weekend, for best loco(s) on show awarded for the 2 class 37s you can see in the photo above. Of course Nick doesn't like to brag so I thought I'd let everyone know.

sorry Nick :rolleyes:

Dave

For those interested our very own Northpoint Nick won a prize this weekend, for best loco(s) on show awarded for the 2 class 37s you can see in the photo above. ...

Interesting that the Largo one is one of the original Bachmann releases (not sure about the Grey 'un) about which there was much fuss, wailing and gnashing of teeth in the model press - because the cantrail grilles weren't quite accurate, apparently...

As Nick said to me, when I helped with Lochnagar last year, "it looks like a 37 to me", and it would seem the Judges at Sutton Coldfield agree!! Well done Nick!! :)

Archived