Heljan Spares

tpxpress

Hey

I noticed earlier that my Heljan 47727 had a snapped cab window (Half in cab, half not, with some still in the frame) so now I need a place to get some new windows for it. Looking at the cab, it is the same window all the way round, but I may be wrong.

Any help on where (Around Sheffield) and help on how to redo it appreciated

(I'm not sure whether this thread is in the right place or not...)

Have you tried looking on the forum? There have been plenty of threads on Heljan spares recently.

Sounds like you need new glazing pieces - ring Howes, they should be able to help and advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well James and Jim have between them answered the problem, have they not?

Howes do the spares:

http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/Railways/viewProduct.php?ProdID=316

Above is the specific link to the part you need

As James states this is a very simple fix, several of my Heljan diesels have shed their windows, a dab of glue n glaze sorts it when replacing the errant window

Alternately you could use glue n glaze to cover the entire aperture.

Neil

Class 86 Spares

Unfortunately I recently damaged the underframe of my Freightliner Class 86 when trying to get the body off.

I have replaced the locomotive but as a longer term aspiration I was hoping to repair the damaged example (and upgrade with a new Dapol pantograph when released) for which I need the following spares-:

11086001F Class 86 sprue (black)

(Heljan)1 x 32 underframe frame

1 x 35 compressor

1 x 36 compressor

1 x 37 lower bodyside conduit

1 x 39 underframe box part 1

1 x 40 underframe box part 2

2 x 41 underframe box part 3

1 x 42 handle

1 x 43 underframe box base

However this item is currently sold out on the Howes Website.

Can someone advise from previous experience if any more spares are likely to materialise.

Many thanks.

Can someone advise from previous experience if any more spares are likely to materialise.

I think they tend to come into stock in line with production runs of the models concerned - it might be worth ring Howes as they may be able to advise when they will get them in stock. You may even be able to reserve the parts you need. I've always found Howes to be very helpful indeed :)

With the class 47 windows, they do literally just pop out, gently prise out with a fine screwdriver , to be honest, its really easy to do yourself Howes do all the spares for the Class 47, and as James has advised ring them or Email Howes to see if theyre still availiable

NL

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Christ you lot are clumsy......

Does anyone still need the odd 47 window or 86 bits? If so drop me a PM and I can oblige FOC! I have a stockpile. Ever wondered where all those ploughs go.......? :pleasantry:

Hi Gridwatcher,

I have been looking at getting class 26 and class 47 ploughs and Howes didn't have any, have you got them.

Cheers Peter.

• 7 months later...

James, I'm with you on that, they're a pretty much exemplary supplier - last time I needed some better info than the descriptions on the Heljan spares page, and talked it through with them whilst I had their site up on line. I do recall there's a particular sequence to loading your cart and progressing through to order placement that is maybe counter-intuitive, though. I reckon in the circumstances you're best off giving them a call.

• 2 weeks later...

Howes are excellent for spares with good response to any order - I recently got a brand new Class 23 - it arrived from Hattons minus three ladders and couple of brake servos?(If that is what they are) - Not wishing to send it back as I live in Canada - (although Hattons are excellent when it comes to returns) - since it would take forever to replace - I contacted Howes and for about six quid got the relevant bits on a sprue, (and the magic was that just days after the new release they had the necessary spares :) - which I have just got round to sticking on.

• 5 months later...

Archived