Torrington Mk 1 and Torrington Mk 2

darren01

• RMweb Gold

Hi Darren,

Looks fantastic, well done. I particularly like the grass in yard.

Will speak to you soon to arrange a visit (plus I want to borrow your Grassmaster!!). Will PM you over the weekend.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Darren,

Pic of the week award. As for using REAL pictures and making us believe they are from your model. I'll have to send the boys round to check it out :O

Anyway It's about time for another visit I think. I'll ring soon.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

HI All

Well I must thank you all for your kind comments!

I have been working a lot more on the layout, sorting out the under growth along the embankment, and other areas that need working on.

I will put up some new photo later this week, but for now here is the new track plan.

Sorry its so small ,just seem to not be able to get it bigger?.

All the very best to you all

Darren

post-6929-127585853247_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Sorry there has been no photo up date fore a while, been putting all the wiring in under the boards.

Have been using for the brakes across the boards ,mini connecters for the power across the rails, So far I have used 20 of them and I am still going!.

Next big job is to wire up all the isolators on the layout, and point motors, the point motors will be held in place with Velcro, this means if one fails I can just pull it off and replace it, with out having to crawl under the layout to take out the screws.

In a few months I will be starting work on three new boards, as I will be able to make the layout one long straight, as I have been asked to attend a show next year with my layout, its first outing!

The new boards will be a signal track running on top of an embankment and over a few bridges.

This weekend the last of the wiring while be finished, so hope to run a few trains, have not done that for a while.

I will put up a few photo at the weekend of what been happening on the Torrington line, until then Happy modelling!

All the best

Darren01

Hi all

As I have spent most of my time wiring up the layout, I have not had much time to do anything eles , unless you like photo of wires!.

But I did get some work done on the new bridge; here are a few photos of it, still got a bit of work to do on it.

This is Mk11 as the first one went a bit wrong !

Hope you like them.

All the best

Darren

post-6929-127765607979.jpg

post-6929-127765609921.jpg

post-6929-127765638968.jpg

Hi All

Well work is almost finished on the bridge; I will put up some photo tomorrow

I have at last got all the layout back together ,all the power wires are done ,so not long now until I can run a full timetable again !.

Here are a few photo of the station end of the layout, hope you like them

All the best

Darren

post-6929-127819384322.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Great photos Darren.

It was great to see the layout in the flesh yesterday. Plenty of detail and cameo scenes. when you take this out to exhibitions, I can see there being plenty of people gathered around!

Thanks for use of Grassmaster yesterday - I will post some photos on my thread for Orchard Road.

cheers

Richard

HI All

OPPSS!! Station sign being taken down and is going to be replaced!!!

Thanks for the comments about the layout, have now got the bridge in place.

The water looks a little bit milky this is due to the PVA going off, once set should have a nice shine to it.

Still have a lot to do still around this side of the layout, but now I can run loco run to the fiddle yard again.

Hope you like the photos.

All the best

Darren

post-6929-127827154467.jpg

post-6929-127827159477.jpg

post-6929-127827161667.jpg

post-6929-127827163312.jpg

post-6929-127827165238.jpg

post-6929-127827182491.jpg

Hi Darren,

I can't believe how quickly this area has changed since seeing you yesterday afternoon.

You are the master!

For those of you who have not seen this layout in real life, It is amazing!

I'm going to figure out how to post pictures up and might start to put my layout up as well.

I am looking forward to learning the timetable, so see you shortly.

Regards.

Chris

Hi Darren,

Not looked at this thread for a while....

I must say, WOW! :O

It was great before, but it's simply stunning now!!!

Love that viaduct!

Have you used Slaters stone for the walls, and Wills industrial arches for the bricks?

Looks superb mate, just superb :D

Marc

P.S. I know what the previous post means re looking like the Titfield Thunderbolt...

...there's certainly something in the scenery which reminds me of that wonderful film....

HI All

OPPSS!! Station sign being taken down and is going to be replaced!!!

Thanks for the comments about the layout, have now got the bridge in place.

The water looks a little bit milky this is due to the PVA going off, once set should have a nice shine to it.

Still have a lot to do still around this side of the layout, but now I can run loco run to the fiddle yard again.

Hope you like the photos.

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren,

Got to say the viaduct looks great now it is in place, although the photo of the standard and one coach reaching the end of the track is probably going to be a taster of what will be happening at the Bluebell railway in the near future!!

Colin

Hi Marc

The bridge is made from 3mm foam board, with an outer skin of Slater and Wills.

Have now add a bit more around the river, working on the best way to do reeds along the bank?

At the moment I am working on a cattle grid by the crossing, still need to sort out all the concert post along the line, but I am going to leave it till later.

The coal lorry still have to have the lettering along the name board and number plates.

Well any way here is a few more photo of how it’s going.

Hope you like them.

All the best

Darren

post-6929-127870697664.jpg

post-6929-127870702716.jpg

post-6929-127870708448_thumb.jpg

Archived