Bachmann class 45 sound.

P.C.M

Hi Sound gurus,

Can anyone tell me how good the sound in the Bachmann class 45 is? Anywhere near as good as their class 25 or down there with the early class 20.

Thanks Cheers Peter.

MMMMMM Does this mean Llanborne will be DCC very soon???

Hi Gaz,

Well not just yet, I am going to wait until I have a few more sound locos and a few chips to put in other locos, then depending on cash flow I will buy a controller and go for it.

Cheers Peter.

I have a Bachmann 45 with sound and it is excellent - so good I have their next green sound model on order. I will try and upload a video tonight for you if I get chance to get it out on the track.

Thanks guys,

Thanks for doing the vid, looks like the cat wasn't too bothered,:D I think it does sound pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

Glad you like the vid, but its actually a dog :lol:, He was not bothered by the peak but see the Leeds Weeklyn Hill thread for his interest in a 9F.

Pete...the Airthrey Park crew verdict? Bachmann Peak is pants! I have just fitted a Howes ESU v4.0 one and it is unbelievably loud and Peaky! The guys at Trainsontime had never heard a more bassy and impressive OO scale sound loco. :pleasantry:

Pete...the Airthrey Park crew verdict? Bachmann Peak is pants! I have just fitted a Howes ESU v4.0 one and it is unbelievably loud and Peaky! The guys at Trainsontime had never heard a more bassy and impressive OO scale sound loco. :pleasantry:

Is it just a Howes v3.5 class 45 sound..... but louder?

No V4 software yet?

Glad you like the vid, but its actually a dog :lol:, He was not bothered by the peak but see the Leeds Weeklyn Hill thread for his interest in a 9F.

Oooops, Can't blame for liking 9Fs, one of my favourite steamers.:D

Cheers Peter,

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just a Howes v3.5 class 45 sound..... but louder?

No V4 software yet?

Bryan would have to answer that directly but I guess it might be. The Speaker was well sealed into 'well' with black tak, the fan housing removed and the fan refixed on a plasticard strip other than that standard install. Just very loud and impressive. Think the long space in the loco above the metal chassis block and below the top of the body shell acts as a second chamber for the sound and adds the depth to it? The switchable fan is also very impressive and just like the real thing almost drowns out the engine noise when on 'high' and loco sitting ticking over. S

• 2 weeks later...

So, if you have installed your own speakers against buying the prefitted sound versions, where have you fitted the speaker and which type have you used.

I personally would like to fit a descent bass reflex somewhere but can't decide where/

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian

Archived