Road Rail Kits

Any Vehicles in OO gauge 2000s.

To be honest I think it would be great to see any four mil' RRVs! Look at the number of 360's you see stabled at stations and access points up and down the country!

I guess you've now got to ask yourself do you want it too big or too small...

For 00 I suspect 1/87th would be a better choice as the rail wheels would look better but for EM and P4 the 1/72nd version would look much better.

Now that Ive finally got a correct 1/76th Bedford TL chassis cab, I will be making a proper 1985 BR BRUFF Roadrail recovery truck.

When.....ive got it part built I will put some pics up on here. I was going to build it as the ex Tyseley BRUFF, C960YOR, thats the one I used to drive, but being as this one was involved in a tragic accident in 2001, where some of my former colleagues were killed, I wont be doing as that one out of respect to them, so will proberly be Old Oaks one instead.

Cheers

R

Now that Ive finally got a correct 1/76th Bedford TL chassis cab, I will be making a proper 1985 BR BRUFF Roadrail recovery truck.

When.....ive got it part built I will put some pics up on here. I was going to build it as the ex Tyseley BRUFF, C960YOR, thats the one I used to drive, but being as this one was involved in a tragic accident in 2001, where some of my former colleagues were killed, I wont be doing as that one out of respect to them, so will proberly be Old Oaks one instead.

Cheers

R

Where did you get a Bedford TL chassis cab? I've been toying with this idea for years - intending to use a JB/Airfix Bedford MJ chassis or BW white-metal version.

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

The old 'Matchbox' Unimog snow plough is spot on 1/76 scale, this is of the U1000 model with the 'square' cab. The model is a bit crude and you will have to replace the glazing but at the same time the windscreen aperture needs to be opened up a little with a file. If you want examples of the different types of roadrailer you should look up the 'On Track Plant' website.

• 3 months later...

Roco made an HO scale model of the 1600 Unimog of the same type displayed at Doncaster many years ago fitted with OHLM body, I believe it was available as both powered or dummy version however it is quite a hard model to find. Also Kibri make kits for several road/rail vehicles including unimogs, cranes, 360s and tractors

Archived