CANONBURY 'N' GAUGE NLL STATION.

BROADTRAIN1979

here are some progress pix of canonbury 'n' gauge dcc, north london line early/ late 70s. scratch built as from nov 2009.

IMGA0632.jpg

facing south from the old signal box burnt /demolished late 74/75

the workmans shed and signal box

IMGA0626.jpg

the ticket office progress

IMGA0630.jpg

the station

IMGA0622.jpg

freight side

IMGA0621.jpg

IMGA0634.jpg

foot bridge

IMGA0635.jpg

the walling .

IMGA0639.jpg

the fencing.

IMGA0637.jpg

enter 501 the 7.56 pm to broad street.

IMGA0642.jpg

IMGA0644.jpg

IMGA0645.jpg

IMGA0647.jpg

enter the 8.02pm to richmond.

IMGA0654.jpg

IMGA0656.jpg

IMGA0659.jpg

IMGA0666.jpg

IMGA0667.jpg

31 202 on a freight run to willesden.

IMGA0669.jpg

IMGA0670.jpg

IMGA0672.jpg

IMGA0674.jpg

37 238 takes 3 suburban mk1 maroon stock to stratford.

IMGA0680.jpg

IMGA0681.jpg

IMGA0682.jpg

IMGA0684.jpg

past the old station stairwell.

IMGA0686.jpg

IMGA0691.jpg

progress to date more to follow .

Cheers mate , tons more to do yet , i will be adding detail to the 501 front cabs as the pipe work is printed on. A 4cor attempt will be touring the layout also (toured nov 8th 1970 just before they were taken out of service early 1972. and hopefully another sound 501 will be made as will a 105 dmu. The 31 i altered to look more like a 31 :blink: Im building the layout how i remember it.

It was a very interesting line linked to.... the north /east /west and south so how certain folk say its a boring line :rolleyes:is beyond me?? as the variation of locos was pratically .. everything, apart from 26s/27s 28 vickers.your layout is looking great nigel and i love the oerliken unit. Its got that real croxley green feel. :yes:

• RMweb Premium

And people say it's grim up north!

Nicely atmospheric layout you've got there. I am imagining things or did Farish say that they were going to do a 105 after the 101?

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

And people say it's grim up north!

Nicely atmospheric layout you've got there. I am imagining things or did Farish say that they were going to do a 105 after the 101?

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

We say it's grim up North London Line! :laugh:

Xerces Fobe

Hi grahame thanks for reply. The brick work i photographed at canonbury 5 yrs ago and scaled it down and printed it out on card. a slow progress but its getting there .

I was going to comment on the brickwork, but that explains it.

Well worth the effort, I would say.

Well done

Good to see a former NLR prototype being built.

2mm is not my preferred scale, but it can be quite good for giving an overall impression, particularly in urban areas where lots of surrounding buildings are required.

How about someone building Canonbury station prior to the late 1960s, when Mr Horne's street level building was (more or less) still intact and there was that delightfully eccentric garden towards the country end of the island platform?

Good to see a former NLR prototype being built.

2mm is not my preferred scale, but it can be quite good for giving an overall impression, particularly in urban areas where lots of surrounding buildings are required.

How about someone building Canonbury station prior to the late 1960s, when Mr Horne's street level building was (more or less) still intact and there was that delightfully eccentric garden towards the country end of the island platform?

hI Thanks tom, yes even i would like to see the original canonbury made building on another layout, a tiny bit before my time, although this building was also the same as caledonian rd and barnsbury my dads home station when he was a boy i have always had a facination for this line as i remembered it early/ late 70s .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived