Hi Martin,

Thanks for asking, all's fine here, just modelling seems to be on the back burner at the moment. I've got a couple of new locos but that's about it.

Every day I think about changing the layout, with the baby fast approaching I'm thinking of downsizing again. I really want a finished layout so I can just play trains...

Heh, I sympathise with that - loads of things to be done before the little one arrives.

Not sure why I'm surprised though - I've got two already!

Best of luck :)

Evening,

Thanks Matt and 66,

Yeah this one will take me to 4 so I know what I've let myself in for. I've just been putting things off but the deadline is getting closer and closer.

Strangely enough when I have had a spare moment I've been thinking about the layout. Would it surprise you that I've had another idea?

I was overhead Bristol on Sunday night, and it happened to be over Temple Meads/Barton Hill/ St Phillips Marsh and it brought back memories of when I used to go there as a kid with my Dad. We even spent a night there watching all the TPO activity. Anyway I paid particular attention to Barton Hill Depot and thought to myself that would be nice to model... Can you see where I'm going with this..

At the moment I'm considering ripping up the layout and actually modelling Barton Hill circa 1999. but the thought of all that work scares me, but would be an interesting project to model a real location.. In the meantime the current layout is having a trial run as the RES depot. aka Redbrook Hill. :jester:

post-6849-0-27033900-1375821647.jpg

Transrail liveried 37674 takes on fuel,  

post-6849-0-41838900-1375821659.jpg

post-6849-0-21512300-1375821668.jpg

To break up the red, here's the latest loco to arrive. 60007 creeps slowly past the yellow signal with its empty coal train. Will be stabled overnight in the yard the other side of the bridge.

post-6849-0-28072800-1375821677.jpg

So that's about it at the moment, welcome to my world! 

Cheers

Scott

PS I also flew over the merehead quarries that night too and that got me thinking ...  But I'm sure I've been there before.....

I know that feeling, the layout will be safe for a long time then because the house is never ending.

Glad you can at least have one train running on its own, i find when i need inspiration or just want peace and quiet watching a train just circle the layout does the job perfectly.

As an aside if i could find space Barton hill would be a definite for me to model.

Graham.

Hi Scott

Glad you are keeping well. Not like you to want to rip up the layout and change things! lol

I look forward to your progress whichever option you go with. You have a great layout no matter what.

Best regards

Dave

Evening,

Thanks for the comments chaps, the layout is still in one piece. Although I have just put all the rolling stock away. It seems to cloud my judgement when I can't see the track. I've currently just got one loco sat on the layout, ticking over with its sound on. Less is definitely more at the moment. 

37427 seen with a lonesome wagon, heading for the yard.

post-6849-0-31340700-1376508794.jpg

That's it for now I guess.. If there's any changes I'll let you know.  

Cheers

Scott

Afternoon,

No real dramas at Redbrook, although this afternoon I almost made a decision on its fate. Pretty sure I'm going to down size again.

With a month to go before Baby Pitbull the 3rd arrives, I think it may be time to shut this thread down to prevent me typing any further ramblings. 57 pages and still no layout. I'm going to have even less time soon. 

I've spent a fortune on layout and stock changes over the years and its got me nowhere.     :jester:

Thanks as ever for the comments, suggestions, advice etc...... it's all been of great  benefit, but I now consider this "Redbrook" case closed. 

Time to concentrate on the new name and concept...   Watch this space... :good:

I'm not going anywhere though!

Cheers

Scott

Sad to see the end of redbrook, but I have a suggestion...

IKEA Furniture!

9553871737_395ee623bc_b.jpg

That's based on one of these: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60103750/ and I'm starting to think that LACK shelves could make a good base for a small modular layout with one module per shelf.

I've been banned from doing that until Appleford is complete, however there's nothing to stop you doing one... ;)

Matt

Archived