steve fay

Hi Bob

It's only a cheap internal door I put on to keep the weather out over the last winter, I will replace it with a solid wood door. I will paint it up and hopefully get an appropriate sign.

Any time TTG your always welcome.

Edited by steve fay

Quick question on RB I need to add the concrete cable trunking & as no one does it in 7mm il use rectangular plastic tube instead. Does any one know what the width of it is so I know what size to get?

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Quick question on RB I need to add the concrete cable trunking & as no one does it in 7mm il use rectangular plastic tube instead. Does any one know what the width of it is so I know what size to get?

Thanks

Have you got a pic of the prototype at RB Steve?  I didn't think there was much in the way of concrete troughing in that vicinity but am happy to be corrected.

• RMweb Gold

Looks to be standard WR troughing (as made at Taunton) Steve, and it also looks quite new as it's fairly clean.  I think it's about 9 inches but I might be able to find some to measure as an awful lot of it is currently being recovered and replaced by new stuff in our part of the world. 

True mike but to a lot of people west London is the western section. I could amend it I suppose. Any way Ian hopefully this will give you a better perspective. The king of course being on the turn table,attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hello Steve,

one of your best photos of R.B. so far, as it shows the size of it better as you have four decent sized locos on it and it starts to make them look small. When you start to get the buildings in place and add some hight it will look even better.

OzzyO.

post-5983-0-77822200-1404208632_thumb.jpg

So here's the state of play with the railway room. I've a new double glazed window coming Thursday or Friday. Then when funds permit I will change the two front ones to double glazed units. I've had the traditional toping out ceremony and hoisted the flag up, this will also get replaced by a proper pole in time.

I've found a great customised pub sign on EBay that my wife has kindly said she will get me next month.

I know it's not model related but it's been a big project just to get it ready to have a home for Ranelagh Bridge.

TTG will see how different it is when he comes over tomorrow evening,

There's Still lots to do but the list is ever decreasing and I'm over the moon to have the boards down and the P Way gang are making their first visit very soon.

• Like 10

A tad over scale me thinks.

But it's going to be impressive. The inclusion of part of the main running lines adds a lot of operational opportunities in the shape of stock other than locos. Parcel movements is one.

How will the turntable be powered/indexed?

Il be using the belt drive method as supplied with the turn table. I've used it before and it's very controllable. There will be a CCTV camera mounted directly above the TV hooked up to the TV so you will have a birds eye view of the table to help align the tracks

I've spoke to the guys on 82G and they line up by eye using a similar motor method.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 1

How will the turntable be powered/indexed?

Jeff

I take it from your question that you haven't yet got a solution for your t/t?

Mine works (not that there's a layout for it yet) almost perfectly, much as a result of the help I got from your thread - if I can offer any help, just shout

Best

Simon