steve fay

post-5983-0-28493900-1417126882_thumb.jpg

Pits!!! I cut them out today with a jigsaw so I shall clean the edges with a sharp hand saw and some hefty files to get them Plum. I will then employ the same method as I did on Canton and add a sheet of 3mm ply or MDF to create the concrete hard stand,

I used ply on Canton as I covered it with sand but as this is concrete I might just go with MDF but with some good sealant on it first.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Enough of that Eastern nonsense!!!! Back to the WR and Ranelagh Bridge, I laid another 100 sleepers and now I've run out!!

Might as well talk about Kings + again!!

Hi Steve

You mean something Western like this little diesel stabling point just outside station named after that bear, what was it?

post-16423-0-41012100-1417728320_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-17800700-1417728354_thumb.jpg

I have just been playing around with some of the recovered track from my old layout.......can I get away with building a third layout :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

• Like 3

Hi Steve

You mean something Western like this little diesel stabling point just outside station named after that bear, what was it?

attachicon.gif001.JPG

attachicon.gif002.JPG

I have just been playing around with some of the recovered track from my old layout.......can I get away with building a third layout :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

That's the one mate!!

post-5983-0-65836500-1418049416_thumb.jpg

5043 basking in the early winter sun

post-5983-0-07753800-1418049461_thumb.jpgpost-5983-0-35497200-1418049483_thumb.jpg

I've cut the MDF for the concrete hard stand, I will prime this with £shop grey primer then paint it with railmatch weathered concrete grey. Il glue it down to the base board once I've cleaned the side of the pits up.

• Like 12

Slight issue with the guide rail this evening so I've had to remove it and make it slightly tighter. Other than that the motor is on and the belt and it's working good

I shall sort the rail out tomorrow and once the glue has set I'm going to test it with a few locos to see if the belt is tight enough.

• Like 3

Steve

What do you think the two smaller locos in the yard are — difficult to make out much detail, and goes pixelly if enlarges, but they look more like side tanks than panniers to me - the smoke box appears to be well forward of the tanks? Or could they be 15xx?

Best

Simon