Stock boxes

A few years back, well actually a good few years back, I was able to purchase stock boxes for the coaching stock that I had built, they look like this.

post-9192-0-12131600-1307473736_thumb.jpg

I've had a really good look on the web, without success...would anyone have any ideas, something similar would be really great. I have another 7 Comet coaches to build - all the parts bought separately and at different times - without Geoff's usual box to keep them safe once built and painted.

Any help greatly appreciated by me and the stock!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

A few years back, well actually a good few years back, I was able to purchase stock boxes for the coaching stock that I had built, they look like this.

post-9192-0-12131600-1307473736_thumb.jpg

I've had a really good look on the web, without success...would anyone have any ideas, something similar would be really great. I have another 7 Comet coaches to build - all the parts bought separately and at different times - without Geoff's usual box to keep them safe once built and painted.

Any help greatly appreciated by me and the stock!

Mike

Have you tried Cheltenham Model Centre.I think they do a range.

Well paint me pink and call me Shirley! I searched Ebay so many times and I never came back with these - the very thing, thank you.

Mike

I look so many times using al sorts of word combos I think i found them using gift box in the end

Cheltenham Model Centre do them in 3 sizes-cheaper than e-bay ones.

Steve

having looked on there web site

Cheltenhams large box is £3.50 plus £4 p+p

on Ebay there £2.50 plus £2 p+p

so how is Cheltenham Model Centre cheaper ??

Guest 40-something

HI

I use a file box ,holds up to six locos ,and a lot cheaper than some of the stock box i have seen.

Darren

I've started using these myself, add some stout card dividers and thin foam for cushioning.

Very handy and very cheap!

Archived