folcon brass stanier 2-6-0 kit

it was not easy but the boiler idea was good thanks again to james with that thread the smoke box door was ok to fit no messing around just the right size I will be going on holiday on saturday for a week but when i am back i should have made more progress with it and hopefuly more pics aswell

mark

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty good going for a Falcon brass kit...I'm amazed to see the smokebox door actually fitted....

The original Hornby 8F one could have been retained, as it has the right "look" about it, and he'd have got away with it too.....

Hi Axelcounter, I hope it's not too late but I feel I should tell you that you've somehow got the tender frames on back to front, the holes for the brake cross-shaft should be facing the front and the long slope should be at the back. An easy mistake to make I admit so I hope I caught you in time to fix it.

All the best.

Dave Franks.

right the loco is near to the paint shop only a few minner detail left steps are on tender rails on and it has done 5x round the test layout light loco .

and it has done a load test 5x round the layout with 8 Bachmann mk1s more pics will be on here after

i only model when there are no trains about and the tender frames are in the correct way now them pics are old ones i have had problems trying to up load them .

there are more pics latter (when new computer arrives ) thank you for picking out that mistake i made but i sorted it out before

Archived