The Backwoods miniatures Aerocar On30

mozzer models

As i need some extra stock for the weekend i have started Today to built & paint the Aerocar This will have a DCC chip fitted as it has only got a 4 volt motor

It went together very quick & easy

some of the paint needs tyding up a bit plus finishing off of the painting

112sac.jpg

112sab.jpg

Will the prop be done in teak like your recent paint jobs on your stock?

No the prob will be left as it comes so as not to make it off balance

Well it will not be working this weekend as i have bust the motor when fitting the prop looks like the shaft moved & it will not now runangry.gif

gallery_6686_176_78663.jpg

Guest 009matt

I was just about to post to warn you about the bust! I bought one and put the prop on, connected it it and no go! I ended up ordering a new motor from backwoods and fitting it in. The instructions should say to ream out the prop before fitting. When I phoned, he said that I wasn't the 1st!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You may remember Me building this On30 Backwoods Miniatures Aerocar but bust the motor ??

112i8t.jpg

well i have replaced it with one from a small radio controlled helicopter keeping the radio control so that the Aerocar now runs on battery power

heres some video

test1

test 2

drivers will have fun with this as it will only go one way ;) ;D

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif This is hilarious Mozzer, especially the first video - I particularly liked the soundtrack with the muttering and all smile.gif , All we need now is for you to establish a joint venture with the Shunt-O-Matic. Now that would something to see!

the sound track is my 7 year old son Deanwink.gif

Marvelous! I think the driver, (pilot?), needs a bit more practise with the throttle though! biggrin.gif

in test 1 the aerocar stoped on the frog of the point & then needed full power to get the wheel out

i am going to have to play with this as it needs driving & can not be left to run over the layouts on its own

Archived