Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Where did you pick up the liner from? I've poked about a few places and not found much that I liked.

Local Homebase store, it comes as one large sheet rolled up into a sealed bag.

I am pleased about the 37, thanks for the info Peter as Bocott is probably going to stretch its boudaries to about 95 ish.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Not sure why I wrote down Mark but anyway, I have a pic of 37408 at Inverness in 1991 then on 23.7.94 at Weymouth I think it was based at Cardiff for working Manchester and North Wales trains along with the Weymouth trains which I think during the mid 90s had all sorts of 37s on the service. I will scan the slide and post on your layout thread if you like.wink.gif

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Tonight the remaining members of my Crompton fleet returned from their trip downstairs to the dining room table after last night's paint affects had dried.

post-6922-1278627623_thumb.jpg

33035 was first to arrive sporting ploughs and painted add-ons plus a bit of weathering.

post-6922-127862770938_thumb.jpg

D6508(33008) Eastleigh followed close behind having received similar treatment as well as white wheel rims.

post-6922-12786280019_thumb.jpg

Bringing up the rear was 33004 which again has the add-ons painted and weathering.

Double headed on the seacows, snaking across the junction would make a nice picture!

Just for you Scottrolleyes.gif

post-6922-127862820656_thumb.jpg

'202+'101 head away from a signal check at Exford Park station and onto the junction.

post-6922-127862843755_thumb.jpg

The pair of Cromptons approach the bridge followed by a 'snake'wink.gif

post-6922-127862852189_thumb.jpg

Viewed from the depot they head the seacows away towards Meldon for filling.

That's all for now but looking forward to the members day on Saturday in Derby and maybe chatting with some of you there.smile.gif

Hi Ian,

More great Crompton pics,cool.gif 33008 was always a favourite of mine and 33004 in Banger blue looks the business.

The Cromptons on the Meldon look good too, one train was 08.20 off Eastligh East Yard can't remember the headcode though, I should do I made up the train often enough.rolleyes.gif

Enjoying the pics Ian, keep them coming. Hope you don't mind but I have added a pic of mine, couldn't resist.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-127866634093_thumb.jpg

Ian I have to agree with PCM, superb weathering on the Cromptons. One day I will get one of those!

I never really got into 33s, not sure if it was because coming from Essex we didn’t see them that often and only really when venturing out on the southern during Network days. But now I see lots of photos of the Heljan ones, especially the BR blue version and I really do like them. Lovely little diesels. Regret not getting into them when they were around!

Perhaps I could get one for Boxenby!

Ian I have to agree with PCM, superb weathering on the Cromptons. One day I will get one of those!

I never really got into 33s, not sure if it was because coming from Essex we didn’t see them that often and only really when venturing out on the southern during Network days. But now I see lots of photos of the Heljan ones, especially the BR blue version and I really do like them. Lovely little diesels. Regret not getting into them when they were around!

Perhaps I could get one for Boxenby!

Hi Grimley,

I think it was Toton that painted 33030 into EWS livery. Not sure about the 80s, though they did get used on railtours a bit. I had a pair to Coalville open day.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter.

Nice work Ian, and thanks for the 33's on ballast pics, and Peter for the real deal!

I too am looking forward to the members day, should be a good day out.

Ian did I mention that my 33's will be doing a trip working to Exford works. :lol:

Peter I forgot to answer your previous entry, feel free to post a pic of the 37 on my pages. Would be good to see it.

Cheers

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a plug for my Birthday today and the present received (although I went and bought it myself on Sunday!)tongue.gif

post-6922-127975005555_thumb.jpg

New Modelzone TPO vehicle posed on the Up main!

post-6922-127975011061_thumb.jpg

View of the other side.

post-6922-127975016467_thumb.jpg

Also been cutting, gluing, scoring and painting bits of card again. New retaining wall dries outside in the sun.

post-6922-127975026268_thumb.jpg

Retaining wall now glued in position along embankment.

post-6922-127975032738_thumb.jpg

47482 hurries past the new wall with the TPO in the consist.

post-6922-127975037966.jpg

Followed by 'Eastleigh' heading for Barnstaple with a DMU replacement service.

Hi Ian and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nice pressies and very good looking retaining wall, Im in the process of building some myself but not as grand as yours, looks very good. Enjoy the cake.

Cheers

Leon.

Hi Ian,

Happy Birthday, the TPO coach looks good. I am hopping mine arrive soon. The retaining wall looks good too that area of the layout is coming together really well. love the Crompton on DMU replacement, I remember seeing a DCWA 50032 on a Barnstaple once, I think the DMUs down that way were quite unreliable during the 90s.

What are the tracks nearest the camera? do they join onto the depot area?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys for the Birthday wishes.

Pete, if look back at post 76 (page 3) you can see that area in more detail. Those tracks are the end of the stabling point which has its exit road under the same bridge.

Thanks guys for the Birthday wishes.

Pete, if look back at post 76 (page 3) you can see that area in more detail. Those tracks are the end of the stabling point which has its exit road under the same bridge.

Thanks Ian, cool.gif

Happy Birthday Ian, Sorry for the delay, I haven't been online for a few days...

TPO looks good, see you went for the later version in the end.

The walls are looking good too.. Its all coming alomh rather well isn't it...

There will be an update on mine soon (hopefully)

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

see you went for the later version in the end.

There will be an update on mine soon (hopefully)

Cheers

Scott

Yeah the later TPO probably fits better with the RES livery as I am pushing the boundary to include RES.

No hurry on the update unless its before Monday afternoon, after that you've got three weeks from me as we're off to Cape Town Monday evening!biggrin.gif I'll expect playtime when I get back from Mauritius though.wink.gif

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Last Thursday I purchased an 08 from a fellow Rmwebber and it duly arrived on Friday. This spurred me on to get it plus my exisiting 08 chipped at last. As has been mentioned before the pickup arrangement on the Bachmann 08 is a bit dodgy and when I took them both apart there was a large build up of fluff and crud on all 4 pickups. Therefore Saturday afternoon was spent improving the situation with some Vero board and brass wire, the result is that both 08s now pickup from all 6 wheels via pickups rubbing on the back of the wheels rather than the treads. Both locos then had Bachmann chips hardwired and concealed behind the radiator and set off to run in.

post-6922-128007996687_thumb.jpg

View of pick up arrangement.

post-6922-128008007467_thumb.jpg

08648 arrives from Riverside Yard with fuel tanks.

post-6922-128008011336_thumb.jpg

08653 passes with a trip working to 'SWIFT'

post-6922-128008015146_thumb.jpg

Both 08s

At least now 'pitbull' will be in his element with two shunters to choose from when he next visits!biggrin.gif

That's a cool modification on the 08s, I'll have to add that to the 'one day' list for mine! You need to break out the weathering gear on them now though - I had 648 but it's a little different now...

gallery_6671_16_28583.jpg

gallery_6671_16_3812.jpg

...after fading and weathering.

Great news Ian, 2 little shunters to play with! Nice modification too. Hope you have a nice time away. I have surprised myself with the progress I'm making so I reckon a session will definately be due when you return!

Cheers

Scott

(James,nice weathering)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived