RMweb

Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all, at last after a two month gap a couple of pics to show some progress.

post-6922-0-47915900-1306108058_thumb.jpg

The first scratchbuilt fuelling point (apart from the Hornby pumps)

post-6922-0-98076800-1306108083_thumb.jpg

The second fuelpoint.

post-6922-0-58100400-1306108188_thumb.jpg

Finally for now an aerial view of the stabling point looking West showing the new ballasting and weathering of the yard and the fuelpoint location.

I also took a lot more pics which I'll post over the next few days, but at least you can see I've been doing something recently!

Ah so the rumours weren't true that the loft hatch had sealed itself shut due to lack of movement!

Nice work Ian, the fuel point has come out well, it will soon be time to start chucking in the clutter around the depot, oh and the odd 70! :lol:

Hi Ian,

Just talking about an update on my thread and then saw that you have done one. :D I like the fuel point I used the Hornby pumps on mine, the lights look good how did you do them? The ballasting and weathering on the aerial shot looks great, whats the plan for the far left side? roadway or more greenery.

Cheers Peter.

Ah so the rumours weren't true that the loft hatch had sealed itself shut due to lack of movement!

Nice work Ian, the fuel point has come out well, it will soon be time to start chucking in the clutter around the depot, oh and the odd 70! :lol:

Hi Scott,

You best be starting up your thread again so we can see what you have been up to. :yahoo:

Oh went to a railway meeting on Saturday and saw a Bachmann class 70 on a long freightliner train trundling around, it looked very impressive on a big layout.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Looking good Ian, I like the fuel points, makes a change from the scenecraft and knightwing (which I have) offerings.

Guy

Cheers Guy, that's exactly why I wanted to do something different!

Nice work Ian, I like the fuel points, getting the track a bit oil stained I think will look good.

Leon

Thanks Leon but the track is very oil stained, perhaps it just doesn't come out too well in the pics but there's an awful lot of black paint on there.

Just talking about an update on my thread and then saw that you have done one. :D I like the fuel point I used the Hornby pumps on mine, the lights look good how did you do them? The ballasting and weathering on the aerial shot looks great, whats the plan for the far left side? roadway or more greenery.

Cheers Peter.

Yes it was your comment that prompted the action last night. The lights are the centre of the lighting strips that I used for the sheds cut out complete with the resistor and mounted on a strip of plastic and then surrounded by more strips. The wires run down the inside of the :pleasantry: downpipes on the righthand side of each canopy. As for the left side I'm still undecided that's why its been left at the moment, I might add a few extra inches to the fornt edge of the board a bit like your extension to give room for a roadway/fuel storage tanks and embankment/fence to finish it off.

Nice work Ian, the fuel point has come out well, it will soon be time to start chucking in the clutter around the depot, oh and the odd 70!

Yes that's the next step, throwing a load of junk and clutter at it and the odd figure here and there. Not sure about chucking a 70 about, apparently they bend easily!:lol:

Hopefully I'll get time later to post some more of last night's photo session, you'll all be bored of fuelpoints soon!!

Looking great Temeraire. We nearly made the playoffs!!!!Still means we got the "Ammers" next season for a couple of friendly encounters lol..............

Shed building will be commencing soon at my place so you'll have something to look at on ere!

• RMweb Premium
Looking great Temeraire. We nearly made the playoffs!!!!Still means we got the "Ammers" next season for a couple of friendly encounters lol..............

Cheers Wummyock, yes I spent all last Sunday laughing, did you catch the plane over Wigan???:laugh:

• RMweb Premium

Okay so here are the other pics I promised.

post-6922-0-05079100-1306183427_thumb.jpg

View over the new fuelpoints with 33004 at the front.

post-6922-0-21965200-1306183482_thumb.jpg

Sir Ted awaits fuelling behind the 33.

post-6922-0-49625500-1306183514_thumb.jpg

Later in the day and Temeraire now occupies the fuel road.

post-6922-0-69825700-1306183384_thumb.jpg

Aerial view looking East towards Exeter with passing trains on the mainlines.

post-6922-0-55528100-1306183559_thumb.jpg

A fitter caught this shot as 47808 bursts from the tunnel with a XC train and 37671 heads West with the bullets whilst 33202 rests.

post-6922-0-64981300-1306183938_thumb.jpg

At the same time his mate was lurking behind the shed.

post-6922-0-21173400-1306183597_thumb.jpg

Illustrious crosses the junction with a 'mule'

post-6922-0-63147900-1306183634_thumb.jpg

Early evening now and County of Somerset is fuelled in fading light showing the lights to good effect.

post-6922-0-50130600-1306183656_thumb.jpg

50007 waits for the road out of the yard after the arrival of GW150 mate 47500.

Enjoy fellas and any comments welcomed.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, its amazing what you notice when its too late!

Note to self, remove stray paintbrush bristle from righthand pump BEFORE taking any more pics!:rolleyes: :blush:

post-6922-0-98076800-1306108083_thumb.jpg[/url]]

• RMweb Premium

Its all coming together very well Ian, I really like the shot of 603 on the fuel line.

Scott

Cheers mate, I think that pic is my favourite of the recent bunch as well. See you Saturday.

• RMweb Premium

I ventured over to Exford Park tonight to see what was about and took some pics. (OK I went up into the loft while everyone was watching the Apprentice!):laugh:

post-6922-0-33033800-1306359841_thumb.jpg

A pair of 'Dutch' 33s '108 & '202 on the fuel roads being prepared for their weekend workings in the Leaford area.

post-6922-0-96589400-1306360133_thumb.jpg

Kevin & Scott discuss the plan for the weekend's workings in front of 'The Burma Star'.;)

post-6922-0-72679800-1306360249_thumb.jpg

The pair now start their move to Leaford by way of a Waterloo train.

Other locos were being prepared (wheels cleaned etc) and maybe I'll get a chance to catch them leaving later this week.

I won't be there for the Sunday engineering fest! But I'm sure the Burma star will end up as yard pilot for some of Saturday, I seem to remember it liked the limelight at Wilton..

Photos are good again, I take it Scotts the one on the right?? He looks shorter!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all

Well three weeks have elapsed and no progress I'm afraid, been too busy, although spent a good day with Scott and pitbull junior at the West Somerset on Friday.

I have been contemplating my next move with the layout and I think I have decided to add a 3-4 inch wide strip of baseboard to the front edge of the stabling point to allow a roadway, oil storage tanks and a bit of embankment/fence to finish off the front edge view. Whilst staring at the layout tonight thinking I took a few pics.

post-6922-0-10283500-1307914549_thumb.jpg

A 'special' working of roadstone for a car park extension at Exeter airport, using a short rake of redundant wagons from Leaford yard.;)

post-6922-0-53688400-1307914649_thumb.jpg

33057 Seagull takes the junction towards the journeys end.

post-6922-0-86719800-1307914743_thumb.jpg

08653 arrives with a trip working of diesel fuel from Riverside yard to replenish the soon to be contructed storage and unloading facility alongside the siding to the right.

post-6922-0-24451100-1307914765_thumb.jpg

The gronk now sets the tanks back into the siding. To the left side is where the extra strip of baseboard will be added soon.

That's all folks as I'm off to bed as I will be up at 5am to drive to Scotland again for the week!:angry:

I think the addition at the front will look very good, and it's nice to see the arc wagons out and about.

It's also good to see the shunter making an appearance, will have to arrange an operating session soon too, as you said it's been ages since the last one.

Have fun in Scotland, taking any stock with you to be detailed/ weathered?

Archived