Leon

please do drink resposably.

Now where have I heard that before umm... laugh.gif

Its sounds like a real plan does that bud!! 5 roads of nowt but stabled and refueling locos, it will be cool!! all you need is a EWS 37 and 66(s) and it will be a real place biggrin.gif How many locos do you have now bud?? Have you had a look at Hattons, on Vi trains page?? they selling some 37s off for bargain of ??40!! and there DCC Ready, with lights!! I must buy myself a EWS 37 whilst stock last biggrin.gif

Regards

Georgie

Good lad Leon

Glad to see you drink the 'light' (bitter) and not 'dark' !

BTW

Have a look in the 'Media' section (and amongst the W.A.G. posts) I've posted some info on two DVD's on sale at Ian Allan, Cardiff by B.N.T. Video of loco-hauled services in the South Wales area.

Vol.1 covers the Rhymney Valley between 1993-2006 and Vol.2 the Taff vale line between 1996-2003 all with both freight and passenger workings, and both very good and nostalgic

Brian

are you still looking fgor a model of 66068?

I have one (new, unsed) if needs be.

I am yes, I did have one in Antics, Cardiff waiting for me. However due to a stag weekend I can't afford it until next month. How much are you selling it for ?

Leon.

Hi all, had a bit of a stint in the atic yesterday but due to lack of funds had to do some boring non costing bits like finishing off the baseboards. Cut and undercoated some MDF & Ply for behind the steelworks to hide the messy end of the atic.

Some grass roll arrived from Interational Models, which looks really good, looking forward to laying that. Got some pipes, CCTV & catwalks etc for the buildings but no primer ! Built some more low relief warehouseing but again no primer to complete.

Added some pics, nothing very exciting sorry.

Leon

post-5554-12653626614061_thumb.jpg

post-5554-126536270851_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12653627414831_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12653627753528_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12653628308491_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello,

Not much done today, got the hangover from hell (still) thanks to the Wales v England game.

I sprayed one of the low relief warehouses grey but need you opinions before I weather and detail it. Question is should I leave it grey or brighten the area up with a blue or orange ?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Leon.

post-5554-12655758918693_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12655759885944_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12655760142799_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hiya Leon,

How are you bud??

great pics, I think your layout is now starting to look just like an Industrial area!!

The grey building is really your call, but I would paint one a different colour to make it a little more intresting and add variety biggrin.gif

How do you weather your stock or is it all ready weathered when you purchase them??

Cool stuff though bud!!

Cheers

Georgie

Hiya Leon,

How are you bud??

great pics, I think your layout is now starting to look just like an Industrial area!!

The grey building is really your call, but I would paint one a different colour to make it a little more intresting and add variety biggrin.gif

How do you weather your stock or is it all ready weathered when you purchase them??

Cool stuff though bud!!

Cheers

Georgie

Hi mate, havent really weathered anything yet, going to do all that once the layout is complete so I will have no distractions. The Clams were already lightly weathered I just added some "Sleeper Grime" and some powders. Need to get some rolling stock soon, getting fed up of not being able to photograph trains...lol My Petroleum Class 60 will look sad with just one TTA !

Hi Leon,

I have been following your thread for a while and must say its really looking good, the colouring of the track looks spot on nice touches of detail too not to clutttered.biggrin.gif

Your low releif warehouses look ok grey a bit of darkish weathering may improve them rather than a different colour, though I do like the blue you have already done on the others.

One of my last trips out before moving to Oz was to Newport and Cardiff in 1994.Plenty of 37s 47s 60s are you going to get any Dutch livery 37s? I seem to remember there were a few about even saw a 37 with Transrail markings.

Cheers Peter,

Hi again, I dug out a few pics a bit of inspiration for you, hope they help.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheers Peter,

Wow Peter ! they are just the type of freight trains I want to run, I myself use to have lots of pics like this but settling down and house moves got rid of them all :(

I can really star to build up trains now based on these pictures so a massive thank you.

As for the Dutch 37, yes Im trying to get the Bachmann one, I think its Canton's 035 ? I have a good pic in a book I bought last week I will post, Its in a book called Class 37's in South Wales and shows an unreapted 7 Class 37's in "Dutch" at Godfrey Road, Newport.

I have now weathered the warehouses with powder as you suggest, I wdo have more low relief warehousing on the otherside of the atic along the side of the Fuel/Stable point which I may paint a bit more colourfull. Once agian many thanks for the interest.

All the best

Leon.

Wow Peter ! they are just the type of freight trains I want to run, I myself use to have lots of pics like this but settling down and house moves got rid of them all sad.gif

I can really star to build up trains now based on these pictures so a massive thank you.

As for the Dutch 37, yes Im trying to get the Bachmann one, I think its Canton's 035 ? I have a good pic in a book I bought last week I will post, Its in a book called Class 37's in South Wales and shows an unreapted 7 Class 37's in "Dutch" at Godfrey Road, Newport.

I have now weathered the warehouses with powder as you suggest, I wdo have more low relief warehousing on the otherside of the atic along the side of the Fuel/Stable point which I may paint a bit more colourfull. Once agian many thanks for the interest.

All the best

Leon.

Hi Leon,

Glad you like 'em if I can get the scanner to work,icon_confused.gif I will post a few more. I have a few pics of ballast trains one with Dutch 37012 up front.

Back in 95 there were a few parcel trains about normally with a RES 47, are you planning a parcels? I noticed you had a few RES BGs.

A nice 37 would be better than a class 66, if you buy one they will take over, just like the real thing.laugh.gif icon_razz.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi Leon

Your layout is coming along great. Love the industrial units. What are they made from? Embossed Plasticard? Whatever colour you paint them I'm sure they will look great, although I can't help but think they look a bit B&Q-ish so maybe orange?

The detailing you have added like the CCTV cameras really improves the overall look of the place.

Great job mate,

Dave

Hi Leon

Your layout is coming along great. Love the industrial units. What are they made from? Embossed Plasticard? Whatever colour you paint them I'm sure they will look great, although I can't help but think they look a bit B&Q-ish so maybe orange?

The detailing you have added like the CCTV cameras really improves the overall look of the place.

Great job mate,

Dave

Thanks Dave, I know Arrrrr cant get away from B&Q on model layouts....lol I made them from the "Sale" signs you see on lamposts, or House sale signs, really easy to cut with a knife, light weight and seem to have that metal modern corrigated look, plus there free if you find them...! There is and orange unit at the back of the sidings, no B&Q logo though, I also thought the red Steelworks would end up looking like a Royal Mail depot...

Thanks for the interest,

Cheers

Leon.

Great looking layout, i have been following with intrest. i used to work near to the steel works and your layout has captured the look and feel really well. The sub sector period was great for my childhood spotting down at the back of TGI fridays on a Sat morning and the occasional ahem naughty wander around tidal sidings on a Sunday afternoon.......

Hi Leon,

Glad you like 'em if I can get the scanner to work,icon_confused.gif I will post a few more. I have a few pics of ballast trains one with Dutch 37012 up front.

Back in 95 there were a few parcel trains about normally with a RES 47, are you planning a parcels? I noticed you had a few RES BGs.

A nice 37 would be better than a class 66, if you buy one they will take over, just like the real thing.laugh.gif icon_razz.gif

Cheers Peter,

Lol at the class 66 remark, Im looking to get a petroleum and Metals 37 and also 37035 Dutch. Also 800 Glo Cymru for the domestic coal trains.

The two RES stock is based on the ones stored at Tidal which you can see from Ocean Way, once the layout is complete I will concentrate on weathering and detailing the trains.

I also like Class 47s with Intercity stock like the old Swansea to York service, may get some along with NSE stock for International days, Its a freight only area but maybe the ECS can be stored there overnight or something ?????