Leon

Are you still meeting up once a month? I did get the emails but sorry I never replied.

I can understand, you've had 'things on your plate' - I can't remember that far back (being newly married) - or perhaps I don't want to !

Yes, we still meet once a month, at 'The Plough' Whitchurch, if you're interesetd, I'll copy you in on the next date.

Brian

Good evening all.

Some freight traffic has started to be moved around the yard, ( well the small amount I own...lol ) Railfreight Distribution Class 37 leaves the docks with a few VGA's and empty freightliner flats. Also the fueling point gets busy.

post-5554-127905781657_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127905784209_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12790578864_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127905793821_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127905796099_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Had a day off from work today and pretty much just played with the trains, which was nice....

Crews, Petroleum 47 arrives with some RES stock for storage whilst a Tinsley RFd 37 heads a freightliner and Cantons 56036 gets ready to depart the steelworks with vans for Trostre.

post-5554-127922252266_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12792225737_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922260572_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922264208_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922271573_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922274266_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922276408_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922278904_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922284238_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127922289951_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Danny, Ive been tring to decide a colour for the service shed for sometime now, Can't seem to find any modern looking ones for idea's, maybe they've all be closed? Grey is the easy option but I dont want anymore grey, maybe a buff or cream???? Any ideas or pictures from anyone would be very helpfull....

Regards

Leon

Couple of corners still to finish, the depot area needs alot of work, area between the steelworks and yard needs some sort of background, I was thinking piles of scrap. Then I need to get some more rolling stock and start detailing and weathering it. Need a few more lighting towers but at £35 a time this may take a while...

• RMweb Premium

Been lovely catching up with your progress........Cracking pics, its coming on really well cool.gif

Good to see a Lima 47 in the loco fleet too......Good old Lima i say, nicely weathered too.

Anthony

Hiya Leon,

Your layout is starting to really take shape now and is looking fantatstic! The depot area is looking stunning already will look good once completed. For your depot building Im afraid grey seems to be the only colour unless it was built out of bricks, you could add a brick base around the bottom of the building to help add more colour? And some signage would add more colour too.

Im enjoying watching your layout progress!

All the best,

Georgie

Leon, this looks fab. really does give you the down and dirty industrial feel. The scale of the buildings and the generous spacing between the sidings/track all serve to set the scene here.

A Slug with a metals train would look the part here!cool.gif

Thansk Alex, I am looking to get some steel rolling stock as I've two trainload metal loco's with nothing to pull... I believe there are a pair of 37/9 due for release soon and also some BDA steel carriers, better get saving .... Also fancy some Bachmann TEA's for behing my Class 60. Have you got a layout on the go??

Regards

Leon

Thansk Alex, I am looking to get some steel rolling stock as I've two trainload metal loco's with nothing to pull... I believe there are a pair of 37/9 due for release soon and also some BDA steel carriers, better get saving .... Also fancy some Bachmann TEA's for behing my Class 60. Have you got a layout on the go??

Regards

Leon

Hi Leon

I have started a small plank of a layout. It will be based in North Wales, beyond Ffestiniog on the Trawsfynnyd line majoring on the late 80's and early 90's. 'Bangers' and 'Nukes' will be the general traffic with some very limited passenger operations. I have started a layout thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/15496-wandering-down-the-conwy-valley/page__p__144536__hl__conwy__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=144536 but no photos as yet. Once I get the track down I will put some images up.

I'm going halfs with a chap from the forum for the Slug twin pack. I already have 37901 in original railfreight which was prepared for me by Bishopstoke Works. I'm having 905 to compliment it but I suspect that I wouldn't get away with both niner's in the Conwy Valley!

Cheers

Welcome anytime Simon, however if I'm to have an open day I will need to tidy the layout up and make it alot neater for public viewing standards...... Maybay an open day is a good idea as long as I get everyone to do a bit, then it may get finished in a day...lol

Good to see Rimenough on here again.

Welcome anytime Simon, however if I'm to have an open day I will need to tidy the layout up and make it alot neater for public viewing standards...... Maybay an open day is a good idea as long as I get everyone to do a bit, then it may get finished in a day...lol

Good to see Rimenough on here again.

Good evening all,

Bit warm in the atic tonight but managed to get a bit done, started to build a motorway to hide the corner of the layout near the wagon works, also a little work done on the fueling point.

post-5554-127983557677_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127983560759_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127983564143_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12798356699_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127983570346_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Leon

Your layout is looking awesome. You are making great progress. I really must get my backside in gear and crack on, but I don't think I will make it to your standard!

Keep up the good work

Dave

Thanks Dave, I did have a good bit of time lastnight up there, last day in work today due to redundancy, anybody need a warehouse manager????lol. Maybe I will be able to have a little bit more time up there next week whilst job hunting. Still need to improve the quality of the layout, bits need tidying and finishing. It is hard to keep motivated though but other peoples layouts n here spur you on, I can over do t some days and then have to walk away for a bit.

Dan I got the lights from CR signals at £35 which is not cheap, ideally I want one or two more for the Servicing point and one or two for the steelworks..If and when the funds. To answer your question to power them I use old 12v transformers I had laying around in work. I understand one will power about 25 lights, or LED's. Have to use the resistors supplied or they get extremly hot and go kaput..... The wall mounted floodlights work the same way.

I was a bit worried about adding lights but it was a lot easier than I thought, Ive seen some nice road lights which I will add to the motorway bridge in the corner which I think will be a nice touch.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Leon

Due to lack of funds until next week a few things will be put on hold on the layout, hopefully though over the weekend 09012 will enter the shed and will become 09013, carring Canton Plaques and Trainload Metals symbols...Plus alot of dirt....!

post-5554-127986741357_thumb.jpg

• Like 2