RMweb

Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

• 2 months later...

Just been looking at new list could we be lucky with the Daf 105 Skeletal Trailer Freightliner. Is this a new casting of a 3 axle skeletal trailer ?, when looking at previous Oxford lists container trailers have always been described as combi trailer (D-Tec)  lets hope its the basic 3 axle version seen on the roads more than the combi types.

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks, Mike, for posting this information. as Oxford Diecast's current catalogue covers February to end May, I was expecting their next release announcement soon, but didn't imagine we would get any news till the end of May. So this early news is a bonus!

Particularly so to see that in 1/76 the Austin Seven RN Saloon and Van are due in quarter 4 this year - terrific news! These now give us an early-mid 1930s onwards small car and van. Very welcome indeed!

John

• RMweb Premium

Breaking news, Oxford are going to make a model of the Daimler Dart. There will be a police version with a police radio fitted on the dashboard and a calibrated speedometer. No mention of scale though but probably 1/43.

• RMweb Premium

Oxford's latest announcements, officially made yesterday for June to September, are now on Gold Star's website at

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/model-store-diecast-models-oxford-diecast-late-2014-pre-orders-c-128_181_184_596.html?page=1&sort=2a (6 pages).

The Daimler Dart Phil refers to appeared on 24th on a website for Oxford Diecast enthusiasts, the photograph put there by Lyndon Davies (Taff) in playful mood. It isn't part of the June to September announcement, however, presumably following later ...... Cheers!

John

Just been looking at new list could we be lucky with the Daf 105 Skeletal Trailer Freightliner. Is this a new casting of a 3 axle skeletal trailer ?, when looking at previous Oxford lists container trailers have always been described as combi trailer (D-Tec)  lets hope its the basic 3 axle version seen on the roads more than the combi types.

Sorry to tell you, it's the combi trailer, again.

http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/pre-order-oxford-daf03ct-daf-105-skeletal-trailer-freightliner-176-late-2014-p-56112.html

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its numbered in the combi trailer series.

It shouldn't be too hard to make a standard 40/45 foot container trailer from a standard trailer.

I like the fact that they are doing the DAF CF85 in post office livery, but it would be nice to see it in 'dealer white', as used by most rental fleets, logistic fleets and supermarkets.

P.S. A good half of the container trailers I see are combi-trailers, but then I do travel along the A14 twice a week :)

It shouldn't be too hard to make a standard 40/45 foot container trailer from a standard trailer.

I like the fact that they are doing the DAF CF85 in post office livery, but it would be nice to see it in 'dealer white', as used by most rental fleets, logistic fleets and supermarkets.

P.S. A good half of the container trailers I see are combi-trailers, but then I do travel along the A14 twice a week :)

The thing is 5 years ago they were very rare, 10 years ago they didn't exist!

Wonder why some manufacturer doesn't do a 'decades' series of vehicles.

ie say a dozen best selling cars  and maybe commercials from each decade -1970s, 1980s, 1990s ,noughties , now ,

I am sure they would sell well  to modellers and also people who owned or used  them.

• RMweb Premium

No need - Oxford Diecast have enough models from each decade to cover this from the 1940s onwards, and increasing in the 1930s too! In 1/76 scale they list their models by decade on their website.

John

No need - Oxford Diecast have enough models from each decade to cover this from the 1940s onwards, and increasing in the 1930s too! In 1/76 scale they list their models by decade on their website.

John

Apart from the 1990s which are not well represented in their range.  There is a complete absence of cars from the early 1990s into the mid noughties.

Regards

David

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Details of Oxford Diecast's October 2014 to January 2015 programme are becoming available. In 1/76 they are going for some big items, including the following new tooling:

Diamond T980 tank transporter WW II

Bedford QLD WW11

Thorneycroft Nubian Major 1960s on

Leyland Titan PD2/12 double deck bus

Volvo FH4 cab current

Austin 1300 1962 on

Ford 400E van

Range Rover - 2013 version

John