rather good switcher

I do so wish people would stop posting pictures of neat little loco's that tempt me back to the dark side of HO :laugh:

I was looking through the latest Model Railroader just last weekend and thinking to myself just what I could build to justify some of the fabulous little switcher that are available.

Hope it runs just as nice as it looks, thanks for the pics.

I can almost feel a re-emergence of interest in the Espee coming on,

oh yes, give yourself up to the lure of the most charismatic road in the USA - closely followed by the Santa Fe. Both road's locomotives had quirky features which until now all had to be accommodated for by after market detail kits. Now, off the shelf complete with L shaped engineers windows, full light package, boxy a/c units on the roof, skate aerials etc etc. I'm a happy espee modeller.

So happy, I'm building espee pikes in 1:87 and 1:29. Very very slowly, mind!

I do so wish people would stop posting pictures of neat little loco's that tempt me back to the dark side of HO :laugh:

I was looking through the latest Model Railroader just last weekend and thinking to myself just what I could build to justify some of the fabulous little switcher that are available.

Hope it runs just as nice as it looks, thanks for the pics.

it runs as sweet as a nut, and if you can fork out the extra dollars for the tsunami equipped dcc model, it sounds just as sweet. I got plain dc versions because they were an unbeatable price.

come on over to the dark side... I have plans to tempt you - take a peek at my blog where there's a bunch of plans and locos and stock n stuff to tempt you!

I can almost feel a re-emergence of interest in the Espee coming on, which would mean I would have gone full circle!

Too many tasty items coming out for me to resist much longer, ha, ha!

Yes, me too. There's far too much nice SP stuff available these days.

I agree .Its a great model and with sound and light options becomes truely fantastic ..Its worth building a complete layout round .

Hi,

That's exactly what I did.

Check out this MP15AC on Palmetto Spur.

cheers,

Mal

Sorry to be a very slight spoilsport around here, but I do wish the manufacturers would use metal handrails and stanchions... the rest of this model is awesome, but this view is just a shame - moulding pip on the handrail... (I shan't spoil it further by pointing out the dis-located stanchion ... oh b*gger :angry: ...)

post-238-0-39165900-1310567254_thumb.jpg

I appreciate it's a close-up picture, but all the same... :rolleyes:

Dr Gerbil-Fritters wrote:

oh yes, give yourself up to the lure of the most charismatic road in the USA

Are you coming over to the White & Red, then...?? :laugh: :yahoo:

Sorry to be a very slight spoilsport around here, but I do wish the manufacturers would use metal handrails and stanchions... the rest of this model is awesome, but this view is just a shame - moulding pip on the handrail... (I shan't spoil it further by pointing out the dis-located stanchion ... oh b*gger :angry: ...)

You and me both. I loathe these plastic affairs. I seem to have been moaning about these since time immemorial. I think there is one manaufacturer that has seen sense. Not sure if it is MTH or Intermountain.

Steve

You and me both. I loathe these plastic affairs. I seem to have been moaning about these since time immemorial. I think there is one manaufacturer that has seen sense. Not sure if it is MTH or Intermountain.

Steve

I have a Genesis MP15AC, the plastic handrails are so fragile, it is my most fragile loco.

come on over to the dark side... I have plans to tempt you - take a peek at my blog where there's a bunch of plans and locos and stock n stuff to tempt you!

You are a bad, bad person - but I think I now have something to add to my christmas list as I may be able to justify it on the shunting puzzle as a DCC Sound demonstrator and as a bit of variety.

Archived