Excellent deals on Heljan loco's

edcayton

KS Models in Stevenage are doing all Heljan loco's at 2/3 list price (most seem around the £60 mark, some less and the Western for £68ish). If you buy any two there is a further 10% off. The Heljan Hymek is cheaper than the Hornby one! He told me that people don't seem to hold Heljan stuff in the same regard as Hornby/Bachmann. All I can say is that my Heljan class 15 is probably the best running loco I've got.

Ed

Those people are obviously normals then! For those of us with an ScR bent, Heljan are indispensible.

There doesn't appear to be a website, so I guess it will be down to a phone call in the morning to see if their stock extends to Bo-Bos as well as the Type 4s.... cool.gif

They not only don't have a web site, but their phone number is not on either of the receipts they gave me OR the note about going into semi-retirement next year!

They had loads of different ones. They had what I still think of as BRCW's in different liveries, I didn't look closely to see if they were 33's or 26/27's.

Ed

Nice one Ed! Fortunately, the Google search came up with the usual small traders/ chamber of commerce type websites that list the phone number.

BRCWs - a step in the right direction too yes.gif

Yes, I often use this antiquated piece of kit in my hallway called a telephone, it works wonders you know! K S doesn’t have a web site but it is a superb, old-fashioned, gold-mine of a model shop, the type of place many, including myself, say how much we miss these days. It is run by two of the most friendly and helpful chaps I’ve come across in model rail circles, so if you want something, just call them. Simples.

K S Models

19 Middle Row

Stevenage

Hertfordshire SG1 3AW

Telephone: 01438 746616

Fax: 0870 7572276

A classic model shop, well worth the visit.

I would point out at this juncture that D5301/26001 'Eastfield' and 26015 BFYE are now both sold out.

The range and stock of accessories and nameplates/ transfers/ raw materials takes some beating. IMHO.

Popped in yesterday whilst visiting family in Stevenage. There were a few 33's and 26's plus a 17,15, western and a couple of Hymeks around the £60 mark. The 33% discount also included many Hornby and Bachmann engines. A plain blue Hornby 50 was there for £47 (from £70). All the rolling stock has a 20% discount off the full RRP which made them competitive.

Unfortunately for me, many of the diesels were a bit old for me (br green era and early blue) so I did not come away with anything but I would recommend a visit if you are not too far away.

Further to the discounts previously mentioned, K S Models are offering a further 10% if two or more Heljians are purchased. Hymek D7093 and class 26 D5332 (both Gsyp) for £105.35 the pair with zero postage costs. That's good retail therapy on a Saturday morning.

RP

Guest Max Stafford

Hattons are also doing 5301 at a discounted £68, so if you want one as it is or for a retro-engineering project ( :pleasantry: ) , move quickly!

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

For any like-minded Scottish modellers out there... just noticed that Hattons have dropped the price on their 26/0 to £59 (from £79 I think). RF coal, Red stripe and BR blue ones duly ordered - might be of interest to someone else...

M

• 2 weeks later...

For any like-minded Scottish modellers out there... just noticed that Hattons have dropped the price on their 26/0 to £59 (from £79 I think). RF coal, Red stripe and BR blue ones duly ordered - might be of interest to someone else...

M

DC Kits have some 26s at £57.50 that can be collected from shows of arranged!! charlie@dckits.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Popped in to KS Models this morning for a browse and was warmly greeted with thanks for my post on here a while ago about their deals on Heljan loco's. They told me that the stuff flew off the shelves and that they had sold out of several variants. Still a few left and they look to me to be offering good deals on all N and 00 rolling stock.

What really caught my eye today was an 0 gauge Adams 02 class 0-4-4 tank in BR lined black for £275. Keith told me it was built from a kit but I can't remember the make. I didn't ask to see it running because I think I would have left the shop with it!

I'm off to Kidderminster tomorrow for the SVR gala. If I don't spend too much then I may go back to the shop on Monday!

Ed

Archived